• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Apple Summer Sizzler June 13th Hama and Buckler

103 posts in this topic

relax relax im getting it signed by lee and then slabbed i might throw up a pic of it unslabbed but not tonight since sean it gawking over it now and has it at his house. i dont wanna see any one biting my style but im sure it'll happen anyway! arg!!!!!!! thats what happens when your creative

Cavan got some great sketches. I will say that the sketch Chris got from Mark Texeira is one of the best sketches I have seen. Totally awesome. After looking at all of the sketches I feel that Eton Cavan and Chris did a great job grabbing sketches. Good show.

277100848_o.jpg

So NOBODY BETTER COPY THIS IDEA. OR I WILL FIND YOU.

That's wrong on so many levels :baiting:

I'm with you, I'm not sure exactly what bothers me about it, but I don't like it.

The execution (pardon the pun) is flawless, Texiera's artwork is outstanding as always. But the religious reference, zombie reference, and the 9/11 reference all combine in ways that are a little disturbing.

(shrug)

277100848_o.jpg

So NOBODY BETTER COPY THIS IDEA. OR I WILL FIND YOU.

That's wrong on so many levels :baiting:

I'm with you, I'm not sure exactly what bothers me about it, but I don't like it.

The execution (pardon the pun) is flawless, Texiera's artwork is outstanding as always. But the religious reference, zombie reference, and the 9/11 reference all combine in ways that are a little disturbing.

(shrug)

Yeah, I have to agree with Doug......the artwork is gorgeous though :)

Doug,

the only thing I don't get is the 9/11 reference...........

I just see a dead spiderman on an iron cross........is it because there are some buildings in the background?

Sean

Doug,

the only thing I don't get is the 9/11 reference...........

I just see a dead spiderman on an iron cross........is it because there are some buildings in the background?

Sean

I remember the tabloids (and others) making a big deal about a "cross" made of steel girders being found in the rubble of the WTC. I always thought, "What are the odds of finding a cross in a building that was full of them?" and rolled my eyes, but it looked very similar to what Spidey is on there. Again, what are the odds? I guess that's just the image that immediately snapped to mind.

It's a cool piece, but like I say, I find the imagery a little disturbing, personally.

(shrug)