• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sales tax on ebay? - Title Change - Why I stopped purchasing on ebay...

23 posts in this topic

If it looks too good to be true, it is. On eBay bad scans are a bad sign. Just buy from people with solid feedback, good scans and pictures, and tons of experience.

Correct me if am wrong but ebay only always pics of a certain size. Unless the seller knows how to post a better pic, you are stuck relying on the description. The seller had 100% feedback. If he did not mention anything about the books condition, then I would have passed up the auction alltogether because I have had bad past experiences. But since he did comment about good staples and white pages, I am led to believe he has some experience selling comics. Hence I bid, otherwise I would have walked away.

What more should I be looking for? Of course, a bigger pic would help but honestly I don't think I would have seen the rust on the staples. It is on the underside of the staple and not easy to detect from a pic unless it is very large.

There is the supersize pic option for a seller, it costs 75¢. Also, if you know masic HTML, and what internet message-board/forum user doesn't) you can insert all the pics you want into your description for free, of however big your image-host will accept.

I am just saying, not commenting on this particular.....

-slym

There is the supersize pic option for a seller, it costs 75¢. Also, if you know masic HTML, and what internet message-board/forum user doesn't) you can insert all the pics you want into your description for free, of however big your image-host will accept.

I am just saying, not commenting on this particular.....

-slym

Hey Slym - Yes but I purchase books under 10.00 (really under 5.00) and the extra cost cuts too much into profits. Most people don't know basic HTML or that you can post from an alternative source.

Sometimes, you can only rely on what is given and hope for the best. I was not slamming the seller in this thread just my luck which as not been good on eBay lately. All the pieces for this one should be good and still had problems.

The seller has offered me a refund but I am not sure if that includes the shipping cost. He admitted to using an old description in the auction. I am not sure what to do as the book itself is structurally sound and a very nice copy with the two flaws I listed.