• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Census error

6 posts in this topic

I'm not sure where to state this but this seems the closest to the issue even though it is not currently in the registry. I was looking at the Thor census and noticed that Thor #333 is slotted under 1993 when it should be 1983... a typo I assume. Just wanted to let CGC know.

• Administrator

This information has been corrected in our system and the change will be reflected on the next Census update.

Thank you! :)

( I originally posted this under "These scores need fixing", but this may be a more appropriate thread)...

Can you assist in answering these questions Gemma?

Hi,

Can you please check into the validity of the following two book titles that are listed in the Atlas-Seaboard Registry Set (Slot Names) ? (Let me know if this is not the right place to post this request)

1. "The Destructor" #1 Issue date 2/75

There is already a book called "Destructor" with an #1 issue date of 2/75.

(Note- There is only 1 book listed in the Census under the "The Destructor" title, while all others are under "Destructor").

Is this an error, or is there a Variant with the same issue date, but different title?

2. "Targitt #1" - ( Issue Date 7/75 )

There is only one book listed in the registry with the Issue Date of 7/75 ", while all others are listed under the "Targitt # 1 with an Issue date of ( 3/75 ).

Is this an error, or is there a Variant with the same issue date?

If these are in error, can you get these corrected before the Registry awards this year?

Thanks....

BTW... if these are in error... Do I get a prize or something for pointing this out? :takeit:

• Administrator

I have had these corrected in the system, so that will be reflected on the next census update. I will be sure to remove any unnecessary slots as well.

Thank you.

Corrections requested to "Kite Fun Book" Registry Set.

These errors are due to the first few Kite Fun Books CGC graded were listed under publisher (Southern California Edison) instead of under Western Publishing as Southern California Edison Variants in the census. They were all published by Western and sold to various utilities (about 15 different identified so far), mostly with name printed but some without, for distribution to children. These changes won't affect anyone set except mine. Thank You. And thank you for adding slots for all the books I recently had the first copy graded of.

1. RENAME slot "Kite Fun Book nn 1954" as "Kite Fun Book 1954 Southern California Edison"

Reason: All copies are under Publisher: Southern California Edison instead of Publisher: Western.

2. RENAME slot "Kite Fun Book nn 1961" as "Kite Fun Book 1961 Southern California Edison"

Reason: Inconsistent with rest of registry. Two variants in census: Southern California Edison and Florida Power and Light.

3. RENAME slot "Kite Fun Book nn 1964" as "Kite Fun Book 1964 Southern California Edison."

Reason: Inconsistent with rest of registry. Two variants in census: Southern California Edison and Pacific Gas & Electric.

4. DELETE slot "Kite Fun Book nn 1966"

Reason: Same book listed twice in census, once under (Western) Kite Fun Book nn 1966 Southern California Edison and once under (Southern California Edison) Kite Fun Book nn 1966.

5. DELETE slot "Kite Fun Book nn 1969 Western Publishing"

Reason: Two slots exist; "Kite Fun Book nn 1969 Western Publishing" and "Kite Fun Book nn 1969." Books currently assigned to "Kite Fun Book nn 1969 Western Publishing" should be assigned to "Kite Fun Book nn 1969." Seems like an extra slot was created in error.

6. DELETE slot "Kite Fun Book nn 1970"

Reason: No books currently graded fit into this slot. Seems like a extra slot was created in error.

7. DELETE slot "Kite Fun Book nn 1972 Western Publishing"

Reason: Books currently tied to this spot should be tied to spot labeled "Kite Fun Book nn 1972" Books currently tied to "Kite Fun Book nn 1972" are those in census listed as publisher Southern California Edison. That listing in the census is a duplicate of (Western) Kite Fun Book 1972 variant Southern California Edison and they can share that spot in the Registry.

8. DELETE slot "Kite Fun Book nn 1974 Western Publishing"

Reason: Books currently tied to this spot should be tied to spot labeled "Kite Fun Book nn 1974" Books currently tied to "Kite Fun Book nn 1974" are those in census listed as publisher Southern California Edison. That listing in the census is a duplicate of (Western) Kite Fun Book 1972 variant Southern California Edison and they can share that spot in the Registry.

There are two entries for Thor #334... one is from 1989 and unless there is a reprint I have never heard about all issues should be from 1983. I beleive the 1989 entry is in error as I could not find any of this issue from that year.