• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Very nice AF15 for sale on ebay...

71 posts in this topic

Wonder is the creases are pressable, especially if it does not indent? An 8.0 or even a 7.5 that looks this nice would be worth a lot of money.

SS,

I'm thinking it may have already been pressed. Look at the book and you can't see evidence of creasing with the naked eye. Just guessing though.

And the seller responded to me. He mentioned the reserve is much, much more than $20k. I've just hammered the $30k mark and I did not hit the reserve. So I quit.

Wonder is the creases are pressable, especially if it does not indent? An 8.0 or even a 7.5 that looks this nice would be worth a lot of money.

SS,

I'm thinking it may have already been pressed. Look at the book and you can't see evidence of creasing with the naked eye. Just guessing though.

Good point. It would be interesting to have someone who is a pro in this field jump in and give their 2 cents. hm Wonder if this will sell on EBay.

SS,

Good point. It would be interesting to have someone who is a pro in this field jump in and give their 2 cents. hm Wonder if this will sell on EBay.

Roy (r1970d) is pretty good with these things. Where the heck is he at?

I would guess the reserve is at least $40,000. He mentions sales to that level and then mentions his is the best he's ever seen at this grade. So, I think he is "hinting" that he expects to reach the top level for this book ($40,000).

Of course, he also doesn't care if it sells. He's really just out there havin' fun I guess! :)

It *could* be a way of him getting a "market valuation" for the cost of listing the book.

SS,

There is no way to tell from the scan whether someone has already tried to press it or not. But if the bends don't break color, there is a great chance that they'll come out with a proper pressing job.

I think there might be many people imPRESSed with this copy.

A hot iron can do miracles...

You're kidding, right? I hope people aren't trying to use an iron to press their books. That's an easy way to ruin a comic. Way too much heat even on the lowest setting, and the holes in the iron will leave dimples on the cover. And god forbid that you forget to turn off the steam! doh!

SS,

There is no way to tell from the scan whether someone has already tried to press it or not. But if the bends don't break color, there is a great chance that they'll come out with a proper pressing job.

Scott that's what I was thinking as well. Better scans would help the seller and maybe even some commentary on the defects and whether or not it was pressed (unless of course it was pressed and could only achive a 7.0) (thumbs u

You're kidding, right? I hope people aren't trying to use an iron to press their books. That's an easy way to ruin a comic. Way too much heat even on the lowest setting, and the holes in the iron will leave dimples on the cover. And god forbid that you forget to turn off the steam! doh!

It's a joke kiddo...

It's a joke kiddo...

:cloud9: Whew!

SS,

Scott that's what I was thinking as well. Better scans would help the seller and maybe even some commentary on the defects and whether or not it was pressed (unless of course it was pressed and could only achive a 7.0) (thumbs u

I don't think commentary on whether it was pressed will help at all. What would help the seller the most is if he posted the grading notes. Even I am tempted to bid on this book now and I already have an AF#15.

SS,

The grader notes said the creases "do not break color"

SS,

The grader notes said the creases "do not break color"

Right, I got that from your prior post. I am just saying that they'll probably press out. I guess I should have said, "Since the bends don't break color...."

The listing is now gone. Anyone know what happened?

He probably got contacted by someone who either offered him a buttload of money for it if he'd end the auction, or who explained to him that they would press the book for a higher grade and the inevitably resulting higher sales price.

The listing is now gone. Anyone know what happened?

With the manner the listing was removed - meaning totally gone - it appears as though eBay removed it. If he just did an "end item" on it we could still see it. At least that's the way I think it used to work.