• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Inspired by the "Should I get Joe Simon's Sig" thread

22 posts in this topic

CSL's thread got me wondering. Is there any creator alive or dead that would make you purists out there break your "no sig on a higher grade GA book"?

If you had an Action #1 would you slap Shuster and Siegel's autograph on it?

The same people that view it negatively will probably still have the same views, while the people that viewed it positively would still have the same views.

I know I do.

I've got a Captain America 40 signed by Kirby and Stan "the man" Lee. My uncle got the book signed by Kirby well over 20 years ago and I got Stan in the early 90's. Since Kirby sign's on the first page I had Stan sign right next to him.

It's my oldest and favorite book.

CSL's thread got me wondering. Is there any creator alive or dead that would make you purists out there break your "no sig on a higher grade GA book"?

action 1. higher grade no, but lower, hellz yeah. :headbang:

has it ever been done?

I just got into collecting ss books recently (thanks to somewhereintexas). I think sigs are awesome on non key books. really adds to their desirability IMO. key books, especially golden age keys, I would normally pass. I may consider ONLY if it's a lower grade and depends on who's signing obviously.

has it ever been done?

I just got into collecting ss books recently (thanks to somewhereintexas). I think sigs are awesome on non key books. really adds to their desirability IMO. key books, especially golden age keys, I would normally pass. I may consider ONLY if it's a lower grade and depends on who's signing obviously.

I hear where you coming from. Its just the only thing I can picture for example is someone going

"OMG Action 1 and its signed by Shuster and Siegel!!!!!!! (worship):o(worship) "

and not

"OMG Action 1.. and its signed by Shuster and Siegel.... :frustrated: :sorry:"

has it ever been done?

I hear where you coming from. Its just the only thing I can picture for example is someone going

"OMG Action 1 and its signed by Shuster and Siegel!!!!!!! (worship):o(worship) "

and not

i agree i cant imagine someone holding a ss action 1 signed by both those guys and not loosing there minds with astonishment (in the good way)

has it ever been done?

and not

i agree i cant imagine someone holding a ss action 1 signed by both those guys and not loosing there minds with astonishment (in the good way)

It would be very cool, but sadly it will never be possible as both Siegel and Shuster are deceased. Jerry Siegel passed away in 1996 and Joe Shuster in 1992. There is a Batman #1 which Bob Kane signed the back cover next to the facsimile autograph that is printed on the back cover, granted it is not Sig Series. Golden Age Sig Series books are tough as most of the creators are no longer alive.