• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AdventureCon Knoxville, TN June 12-14, 2009

38 posts in this topic

Ok since no one else would start it, I guess I will.

Any of the boardies going to be there?

I'd be setup every year if it wasn't always the weekend before Heroes :screwy:

See if you guys can talk them into changing dates :gossip:

I don't know anyone who sets up or anyone who goes. I'm shocked CGC sets up at this one and not Heroes.

I`ve always wondered why they appear here also -- its got a comics aspect but the few times i went it seemed to be mostly celebrity autograph driven with more toys than comics

I don't know anyone who sets up or anyone who goes. I'm shocked CGC sets up at this one and not Heroes.

I`ve always wondered why they appear here also -- its got a comics aspect but the few times i went it seemed to be mostly celebrity autograph driven with more toys than comics

You hit the nail right on the head.

I go but because it is like 40 minutes from home. I did find some really good deals last year. Very little GA though. :(

CGC sets up at this show???????????

:o

Yeah they setup last year too.

I will be attending However, I am very disappointed with their celebrities guest list as well as the comic writers and artist. Plus they raised the admission fee to $15.00

:gossip: Heroes-Con is the next weekend in Charlotte

I went last year and had a good time, but it was the whole family dressing up/Father's Day aspect that was so great. It was also my first con so I don't have a lot to compare it with. :)

The amount of comics was pretty good, but I expected there to be more. The sellers that had comics had a lot of comics, if that makes sense. But I'd guess that most dealers were there with toys, statues/busts, that sort of stuff.

Having been recently laid off I chose Heroes over AdventureCon this year, partly due to Charlotte being only a couple of hours away and no hotel would be needed.