• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AdventureCon Knoxville, TN June 12-14, 2009

38 posts in this topic

If CGC is going to be there, then does that mean I can have my books graded on site or are they just there to witness signatures? If I can have it graded on site, is that uber expensive?

No grading on site. Unless different than last year. There was witnesses there and you can also submit your books there too. I guess you save on shipping them to CGC.

Horrible comic book show. I sent books last year with someone else and sold very little. Should be a decent comic market, but I don't really think these guys try to get a decent crowd in. Would rather go the cruddy celebrity route instead of making it a comic book show.

Horrible comic book show. I sent books last year with someone else and sold very little. Should be a decent comic market, but I don't really think these guys try to get a decent crowd in. Would rather go the cruddy celebrity route instead of making it a comic book show.

Yeah I remember your booth there last year. Wonderful selection! I remember asking one of your helpers on Sunday how things were going and he said that he had not sold anything the whole day. doh!

We Set up Toady seems smaller than Last year / Mostly Pop Culture items Toys Statues etc. I counted 19 dealers who have Comics in their name. Biggest Comic Book Artist writers are Arthur Suydam Micheal Goldmen both of whom were their last year . Celibrity big draws are Lois Lane from Superman Movies,Ray Park (Been there before) David Prowise (Same) Mic Foley, Gary Coleman and Todd Bridges and the Celibrity Car The Time Machine Dolorian from Back to the Future

Not even worth it. I took my camera but was disgusted. I am going back tomorrow to help Jeff so if I get the courage up, I may take a few pics.

Thanks for the help over the weekend. Sorry I wouldn't take my pants off for the camera :sorry:lol

Not even worth it. I took my camera but was disgusted. I am going back tomorrow to help Jeff so if I get the courage up, I may take a few pics.

Thanks for the help over the weekend. Sorry I wouldn't take my pants off for the camera :sorry:lol

so you took you`re pants off , just not on camera :o

:baiting:

so give us your Adventurecon report .......

Not much to report. Surprised that priced books outsold cheapies. Only blew through 4 boxes of bulk out of 26. Bought pretty well, but like Tim said not much out there, couldn't even spend the budget. Final sales a little bit better than last year. This is too much before Heroes.... feeling the pain and still need to put the final touches on Charlotte inventory.

:eek: Glad to help out!

Not much to report. Surprised that priced books outsold cheapies. Only blew through 4 boxes of bulk out of 26. Bought pretty well, but like Tim said not much out there, couldn't even spend the budget. Final sales a little bit better than last year. This is too much before Heroes.... feeling the pain and still need to put the final touches on Charlotte inventory.

where were you set up? Didn't see any finecomics booth the day I was there.