• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for opinions

538 posts in this topic

I would love to know what the other 28 books were and how much more money was to be made from them :whistle:

When I see one book come into the lime light like this, and then realize that there are 28 more manipulated books behind it...am I the only one that just wants to vomit at the thought of it all?

+1

I would love to know what the other 28 books were and how much more money was to be made from them :whistle:

When I see one book come into the lime light like this, and then realize that there are 28 more manipulated books behind it...am I the only one that just wants to vomit at the thought of it all?

+1

+2

Unless the presser provides a guarantee upfront as to the quality of their work, they are under no obligation to reimburse the cost of an 8.0 copy of ASM17. Ethically, yes, but in practice no. They should, however, refund the cost of the pressing and re-encapsulation.

I'd like to know who pressed this book, because it certainly appears their work is unreliable.

Hey Bob, now that we know that Matt pressed the book in question, would you still classify his work as unreliable and discontinue the use of his services?

I think everyone is over reacting. His book was damaged, regardless of the other submissions, the person or persons providing the services are responsible for his book.

No, they are not. However, despite this, they are manning up and being told that said manning up is not sufficient.

Not very long ago there was a post on these Boards where the poster had a Watchmen #1 prescreened by an unnamed expert and complained that he didn't

get the desired grade. The boards trashed this guy, deservedly so. IMHO this post deserves no better. I can't believe I wasted my time reading this thread when all along Matt had offered an appropriate resolution. What was the problem that needed board input ? No way should Matt or anybody pay for a 9.0. This is a bad case of greed. Somebody close this thread, please.

Simple and to the point.

Wanting to be reimbursed from a 7.5 to an 8.0 isn't something I would consider to be greedy. Asking to be reimbursed up to a 9.0, well, that's a different scenario.

+1

+2

Since pressing is already so prominent, I'd rather all books be manipulated so that I don't have to worry about it. lol

I think everyone is over reacting. His book was damaged, regardless of the other submissions, the person or persons providing the services are responsible for his book.

No, they are not. However, despite this, they are manning up and being told that said manning up is not sufficient.

Nuance worship serves to indulge the self in lazy shades of weak-willed gray in a corrupted form of worthy self-actualization turned contrived sophistication.

Nuance worship serves to indulge the self in lazy shades of weak-willed gray in a corrupted form of worthy self-actualization turned contrived sophistication.

copyandpastearguments.com

Can you actually read?

Can you actually read?

:popcorn:

Can you actually read?

Oh no you didn't.

Sean is gonna rip you apart.

copyandpastearguments.com

No . It is in his sigline. :jokealert: Sir An of Drew. :gossip:

Can you actually read?

Oh no you didn't.

Sean is gonna rip you apart.

:tonofbricks:

That is somewhat clever. It does not, however, change the fact that the OP agreed that his remedy was what was stated in Matt/CI's limitation of remedies. Matt/CI would be perfectly justified in giving him his refund and telling him to whistle Dixie while pounding sand down a rathole. Anything more that he gets is because Matt/CI wanted to keep a happy customer or not run the risk of having his reputation tarnished. Gee, look how awesomely that worked for him. :P

Like it was a big mystery that it was you, Matt. Now, let's see how many opinions change. lol

This whole thing should be very simple. He had an 8.0 to begin with in this scenario. Liked I said ealier, if he is to be reimbursed, it should be for an 8.0.

I believe that was my final analysis as well, do I win a prize (thumbs u

Only if I get one too for posting the same conclusion on page 1 of the thread. :sumo:

I :luhv: me some prizes.

C

Not very long ago there was a post on these Boards where the poster had a Watchmen #1 prescreened by an unnamed expert and complained that he didn't

get the desired grade. The boards trashed this guy, deservedly so. IMHO this post deserves no better. I can't believe I wasted my time reading this thread when all along Matt had offered an appropriate resolution. What was the problem that needed board input ? No way should Matt or anybody pay for a 9.0. This is a bad case of greed. Somebody close this thread, please.

Simple and to the point.

I'll be the first to admit I don't understand the crack out game, but the "greed" comments seem severe (to say the least).

The OP's posts went way out his way not to disparage either fee-based service. He even refused to answer questions that might have do so. He was asking for opinions.

And ,unless I'm misreading, at the point when the prep service sent his book on for encapsulation (as his agent) the OP did own a raw "9.0", based on the prep service's professional opinion. So I'm not sure why it's so "greedy", but the confusion has merit until one service or the other claims responsibility, imho.