• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for opinions

538 posts in this topic

Whether he is a greedy SOB or not doesn't negate the idea that he should he be entitled to a fair reimbursement on his damaged book. It's just like trying to paint a victim of sexual assault as "asking for it" because she had on a mini skirt and a tube top.

[insert graemlin that rolls its eyes and then explodes]

What? Too OTT? hm Come on man, it's Billy Parker.

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Billy, yet. Although I did hear that he was a weenie.

the thread originator answered every query, page after page, EXCEPT the two times he was asked about the results of the other pressed books. i had a suspicion then, and now it is confirmed. assuming those anonymous books above are good books, looks like he made out real fine.

Are you suggesting the end justifies the means? That isn't the point.

i'm suggesting it's curious those were the two questions that went unanswered.

Most importantly, I do not feel it has anything to do with the issue. This is a point Matt and I have discussed repeatedly. Second, the first individual who asked the question had just gotten off the phone with Matt and was privy to info the board was not. A response was not appropriate, although there were numerous more PMs. I don't recall who asked the second time, but it still wasn't pertinent, IMHO. I might point out that Matt said as much this morning. Unfortunately, this thread has become so long, that researching specific comments is next to impossible.

Would you have felt the same way about their relevance to this conversation had they all come back one or more points lower than my estimate?

Please answer this question, OP. I'm here to lern.

And Joe: with 29 press jobs in your possession, I hope you'll give strong consideration to disclosing this work to prospective buyers when it comes time to sell any of these comics.

I didn't see any note on your Hulk 181 9.6 on CLink that it was pressed.

:baiting:

Ka- batman.gif

I'm not sure Comiclink allows you to denote whether a book has been pressed, but I could be wrong.

Whether he is a greedy SOB or not doesn't negate the idea that he should he be entitled to a fair reimbursement on his damaged book. It's just like trying to paint a victim of sexual assault as "asking for it" because she had on a mini skirt and a tube top.

[insert graemlin that rolls its eyes and then explodes]

What? Too OTT? hm Come on man, it's Billy Parker.

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Billy, yet. Although I did hear that he was a weenie.

I've met him once, but it was about a year ago. The legend that is Billy Parker intimidated me. :eek:

They won't

Pressing has been around for decades.

yeah well now the same books are probably being pressed over and over by these greedy sob's and or collectors of grades, that maybe it will start happening :wishluck:

I work on the assumption that every book I buy be it raw or slabbed has been pressed. How would you know anyway? (shrug)

They won't

yeah well now the same books are probably being pressed over and over by these greedy sob's and or collectors of grades, that maybe it will start happening :wishluck:

hm

the thread originator answered every query, page after page, EXCEPT the two times he was asked about the results of the other pressed books. i had a suspicion then, and now it is confirmed. assuming those anonymous books above are good books, looks like he made out real fine.

Most importantly, I do not feel it has anything to do with the issue. This is a point Matt and I have discussed repeatedly. Second, the first individual who asked the question had just gotten off the phone with Matt and was privy to info the board was not. A response was not appropriate, although there were numerous more PMs. I don't recall who asked the second time, but it still wasn't pertinent, IMHO. I might point out that Matt said as much this morning. Unfortunately, this thread has become so long, that researching specific comments is next to impossible.

Would you have felt the same way about their relevance to this conversation had they all come back one or more points lower than my estimate?

That's a fair question, Matt. I have never expressed any expectation of a given grade from CGC based on your estimates. I would have been disappointed, but it would have been my error in selecting you. It would have had nothing to do with why I would seek restitution for a damaged book.

I for one hope these books all you guys press dry up and fall apart with in 5 years.

I keep hoping the same thing about your board membership, but I guess we're both SOL.

I for one hope these books all you guys press dry up and fall apart with in 5 years.

I keep hoping the same thing about your board membership, but I guess we're both SOL.

lol

Why bring this to the boards if you didn't want it public? (shrug)

What did I bring to the boards and make public? Yesterday' s posts were mainly on topic. Today has all been personal.

Why? Because you were called greedy? Trying to PRESS a nickel into a dime.

And Joe: with 29 press jobs in your possession, I hope you'll give strong consideration to disclosing this work to prospective buyers when it comes time to sell any of these comics.

I didn't see any note on your Hulk 181 9.6 on CLink that it was pressed.

:baiting:

They pulled it. :shy:

They won't

Well my book was OO.

Of course you do, I don't make you feel better about f-ing up the hobby.

Please answer this question, OP. I'm here to lern.

Joe,

I am suggesting you take the all the "FREE" money Matt just made you and chill out.

If I was in your situation I wouldn't have even cared about the mishap on one ASM book as it seems like you received a descent credit on the mistake.

If you made alot of money from this 29 book transaction do you really need to drag out a transaction for weeks on a book that not even rare? or a book you can repalce in 5 minutes?

The book went down by .5 of a grade, it seems to me that you should just sell the 7.5 and take that money, damage refunded fees, and all the "free" money and buy yourself a nice 9.0 and stop ranting about it.

IMO...I can even fathom how you would bring this up when you other results were very profitable. If this book was one of only like 3 books I would see your POV, not with 29 and Matt trying for weeks to help you out.

John

ohsnap_cap.gif

ohsnap_cap.gif

Not really. (shrug)