• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

how do you all track your comic collection

55 posts in this topic

Up to now, I've used an Excel spreadsheet. It's just getting too unwieldy with all the information I like to track.

So... I've decided to follow Count's example and design my own form for an Access database. Besides - it gives me a rainy snowy day project! Damn weather. ;)

Up to now, I've used an Excel spreadsheet. It's just getting too unwieldy with all the information I like to track.

So... I've decided to follow Count's example and design my own form for an Access database. Besides - it gives me a rainy snowy day project! Damn weather. ;)

You can import your Excel spreadsheet directly into Access.

You can import your Excel spreadsheet directly into Access.

Cool. I was hoping that would shorten the process.

I'm looking forward to the project, though. I guess it's just the inner geek in me. lol

I still use paper inventory sheets, but I'm old :lol:

And, my collection, long ago, won the inventory control battle...., :sorry:

Yeah, what he said! I think... (turns up gain on hearing aid, adjusts bifocals)

i use a good old notebook. how can you take a software prog to a LCS or convention?

on a blackberry or laptop :makepoint:

Yeah, I'm working on getting my softcopy inventory onto my smartphone. Gotta install the phone software on the PC though. Too bad, the phone has wifi and can connect to my network, but Windows doesn't see it as a shared external HD or data copying would be a piece o' cake.

I have all my books thumbtacked to the walls of my house, in order. I just do a walk by.

DRX

Actually I have the BCW index dividers that go up to number #498. They have a box to check the issue number, and a line if you want to add a price. I use those in my boxes to keep track of the issue numbers in the box. I then took a divider and made duplicate paper copies of it in the copy machine to put in a small binder to carry to cons with the same numbers that are present on the divider. That way i know exactly what issues I have and dont have. Its a little work to label the dividers and paper copies and mark all the numbers down, but when your done you know exactly what you have and dont have. 2c

DRX

I use my brain.

I do too. But it's a poor method as I routinely have no idea anymore what I do and don't have. On the other hand it's exciting to open a box and be like s--t, I didn't know I still owned that!?!

Even better is when you open a box and say, "when the heck did I buy that?" :shrug:

Was just wondering how do you all keep track of your comic collection ?

what software do you use.

I am right now using IWORKS for apple so far its good.

how about you guys & gals

:)

I use my brain.

It's easy to maintain, and I almost NEVER forget it at home.

(thumbs u