• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IS IT POSSIBLE.....

33 posts in this topic

Another possibility might be to find someone who will sell them for you for a commission. There are at least a couple of guys in comics who do this on eBay. I can't think of their id's right now but if you scan some of the auctions of the bigger powerseller sellers you will probably find one or two.

Another possibility might be to find someone who will sell them for you for a commission. There are at least a couple of guys in comics who do this on eBay. I can't think of their id's right now but if you scan some of the auctions of the bigger powerseller sellers you will probably find one or two.

Hmm..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Doesn't flyingdonut provide this service?

FD?

Depending on the quantity and age group of your collection, ie; GA,SA,BA Modern , I believe you can make some very good $$$$ , but you have to be willing to assume that selling a complete collection all at once, that your modern books may be seen as a " throw in " to the buy as moderns can be had in the discounted bin ( after a while ) in most comic stores, unless they are currently " hot ".

Now , if your collection consists of mainly modern books , I don't believe that you can possibly recover your buy cost, unless again you have some very " hot " books.

Just my feelings. I think that selling individually or in lots of,is still the best way to go. Plus you can still keep those books that you can't bear to let go.

grin.gif

. Plus you can still keep those books that you can't bear to let go.

That's why I'll probably sell all my least favourite stuff 1st. Most of my collection is BA stuff.....with very little from the 90's( Mcfarlane's ASM run being the exception.)

I would like to reduce my collection to about 500 books.....and then work from there.

Anyone need 10 copies of Blue Devil #1? foreheadslap.gif

Hmm..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Doesn't flyingdonut provide this service?

FD?

Yep!

PM me with a broad brush of what you have

Not to hijack this thread or anything, but how do you guys feel about selling each title as a lot, rather than each issue individually? For example, if I'm selling a complete Sandman set, am I better off selling it as one lot, or in sets of ten issues each, or each issue individually?

When I sold off most off my moderns on eBay two years ago, I sold in lots of 10. For your more than minor key issues, i.e. ASM #298 and 300, sell those individually. I was pretty happy, and surprised in some cases, with the results. grin.gif

Jim

.....to sell one's entire collection as a whole, and not lose money?

If I ever decide to sell my books.....it would be much to painful to sell it off piece by piece. I would much rather sell

everything

all at once......

Any thoughts?

Break them up in lots by title and age.

hi.gif

essentially everything published after 1990 (with certain exceptions), is worthless.

Interesting comment Donut, as quite recently it was almost anything in the 80's/90's genre (with certain exceptions) which were consedered worthless.

Wondering if I should start getting excited about all the NM 80's stuff I got? That's when I started buying new comics. grin.gif

Well, I should probably amend it, to being Sturgeon's Law applying to 80s books as well. Most 80s books are essentially worthless as well, but there's a much larger percentage of them that aren't than the 90s selection.

I would say to either have someone do it for you for a commission like FD, or sell them yourself incrementally. While selling at once is expedient, you'll pay heavily for that. If it's too much to bear, fondling each issue as you photograph, and list them, go FD. To maximize your profits, provide a closure, and give you the last chance to recall how great x-men 108 was list them individually. Ship worldwide, take paypal, and don't gouge on shipping. If you list all the cheap stuff first, some will see the step up as a potential red flag that you've built feedback and are now trying to take advantage of the system. Why not cherry pick and sell the expensive ones, then donate the chaff for the benefits inherent with such an act.

I would say to either have someone do it for you for a commission like FD, or sell them yourself incrementally. While selling at once is expedient, you'll pay heavily for that. If it's too much to bear, fondling each issue as you photograph, and list them, go FD. To maximize your profits, provide a closure, and give you the last chance to recall how great x-men 108 was list them individually. Ship worldwide, take paypal, and don't gouge on shipping. If you list all the cheap stuff first, some will see the step up as a potential red flag that you've built feedback and are now trying to take advantage of the system. Why not cherry pick and sell the expensive ones, then donate the chaff for the benefits inherent with such an act.

Yes, send them to me. I'll do all the fondling for you... grin.gif