• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

Well look at Batman 608 and 612. The second print went higher than the 1st print. Yes they didn't do a third/fourth print. But the first print was something like 20,000 copies.

Yep, that's the example that keeps being brought up - because those are pretty much the only two books it's ever happened to.

Is the Rasl #1 2nd print worth more than the 1st print?

The Bone #1 2nd print?

Any of the Walking Dead 2nd prints?

Strangers in Paradise 2nd prints?

ASM #583 2nd prints?

Savage Dragon #137 2nd print?

Deadpool 2nd prints?

Wolverine: Old Man Logan 2nd prints?

The list goes on & on - and those books were all 2nd prints with lower print runs than the 1st printing, just like Chew #1.

Also Chew 2nd print was a lower run. So expect it to go even higher than issue 1.

Not a chance.

They're doing a third print of Chew #1 - if that sells out, they'll do a fourth (and a fifth, etc). It's no different than the ASM #583 Obama variant. The #1 1st print is the only one that's going to retain any sort of value.

And the jury's still out on that one - like someone else said, it could be the next Walking Dead, yeah, but it could just as easily be this year's Locke & Key.

I think that this book being the next Fell is more likely than the next The Walking Dead. Fell went into at least 4 printings on issue 1 and extra printings for the first several issues. They were going for good money a while ago, but I was able to pick up a full run of 1st prints on ebay for $15 shipped not long ago.

Never heard of Fell. Who was the pubisher?

Image... written by Warren Ellis, artwork by Ben Templesmith. Great series. I have all the issues. Been collecting since it was originally released.

Also Chew 2nd print was a lower run. So expect it to go even higher than issue 1.

Not a chance.

They're doing a third print of Chew #1 - if that sells out, they'll do a fourth (and a fifth, etc). It's no different than the ASM #583 Obama variant. The #1 1st print is the only one that's going to retain any sort of value.

And the jury's still out on that one - like someone else said, it could be the next Walking Dead, yeah, but it could just as easily be this year's Locke & Key.

I think that this book being the next Fell is more likely than the next The Walking Dead. Fell went into at least 4 printings on issue 1 and extra printings for the first several issues. They were going for good money a while ago, but I was able to pick up a full run of 1st prints on ebay for $15 shipped not long ago.

Really?

Image comics. :whistle:

It's a good series. Only 9 issues out and all issues are self contained stories from Warren Ellis and Ben Templesmith. They were all 16 story page comics for $1.99 cover. Check them out.

I wonder if anybody's realised that the only reason the demand isn't being met for this book is because everybody who can get copies are actually buying multiples to speculate.

Once that demand is filled, down goes the price.

No because the demand is created by the people who don't get to buy the one copy they want as others have bought the multiples.

The supply is there but the fulfilment of the demand is denied.

I wonder if anybody's realised that the only reason the demand isn't being met for this book is because everybody who can get copies are actually buying multiples to speculate.

Once that demand is filled, down goes the price.

its hard to fill the demand unless everyone has copies, which they don't and probably won't because of people buying multiple copies, low print run, etc.

not to mention Chew IS a good read... the lack of supply isn't the only factor driving the price up.

Image... written by Warren Ellis, artwork by Ben Templesmith. Great series. I have all the issues. Been collecting since it was originally released.

Fell

:cloud9: I totally miss the creepy Nixon Nun.

Fell

:cloud9: I totally miss the creepy Nixon Nun.

:cloud9: :cloud9: Can't wait for more Fell :wishluck:

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Most of the shops that didn't get their Chew # 1 2nd shipment last week wont have it this week.

Not the case at all....my LCS didn't have them last week, and got about 20 copies of the second print today. Most were 9.2/9.4, but I cherry-picked the best two they had, 9.6/9.8 :)

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Most of the shops that didn't get their Chew # 1 2nd shipment last week wont have it this week.

Not the case at all....my LCS didn't have them last week, and got about 20 copies of the second print today. Most were 9.2/9.4, but I cherry-picked the best two they had, 9.6/9.8 :)

Can you help a sista out with one of those copies? My LCS didn't get any.

Can you help a sista out with one of those copies? My LCS didn't get any.

Damn, someone else just PM'd me for the extra.......one is for me to keep and one is for my wife.....I'll see if I can get back to the shop sometime this week and snag another copy :foryou: