• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

I acutally really like that Layman came out and said he has Chew mapped out for 60 issues...its better then just keep going and run the series into the ground.aka Jumping the shark :tonofbricks:

It will suck once there is no more Chew coming out each month but in the meantime it will be on hell of a ride to issue 60 :banana:

We still got a good 4-5 years of Chew action to enjoy. :)

Is the TV show coming this fall and any word on casting?

None that I have heard of. I am not sure if i would be excited for a TV show this soon. Chew is only 16 issues in. I rather have it mature a bit first.

I don't think so. The sale of the #2 cover did little to affect prices. Also if I'm not mistaken there's actually a sale on some pages.

Rob doubled his prices for covers after that sale.

Actually, his cover prices started going up before the sale of the #2 cover piece.

Would any of you guys know if Rob uses acid free paper for the OA? I am getting my first page framed soon and my uncle is asking many questions.

Thanks

The paper he uses is pretty much just standard 11x17 Bristol board. Should be acid-free.

I don't think so. The sale of the #2 cover did little to affect prices. Also if I'm not mistaken there's actually a sale on some pages.

He did not. Give your head a shake. Examples please.

Actually, his cover prices started going up before the sale of the #2 cover piece.

And it completely depends on the cover content. There is no standard price for a cover. He certainly did not double it.

And it completely depends on the cover content. There is no standard price for a cover. He certainly did not double it.

The #14 cover was over double the price of the #2 cover. :baiting:

listen you. lol

did you buy either cover? :baiting:

what was #2? $400?

He did not. Give your head a shake. Examples please.

He sent an email to all on his art list stating that due to the current prices his art was fetching on the open market, he would be selling his covers for $800.

This was a day after the #2 sale happened.

I'm not one that sits on here and argues. Yes, your correct that the prices vary, all I am saying was that at that time he said his covers would be going from $400 to $800. At that time pretty much most of his covers had the same price tag.

listen you. lol

Listening. :wink:

Objection, your honor! Relevance?

what was #2? $400?

Yup, and wish I'd been on the train at the beginning to have had a chance at it originally.

I'm not one that sits on here and argues. Yes, your correct that the prices vary, all I am saying was that at that time he said his covers would be going from $400 to $800. At that time pretty much most of his covers had the same price tag.

But again you have your facts wrong. If you don't wish to discuss your statements then spend more time researching them. Covers went in general (for a Tony/Savoy) from $400 to $600 to $800. At the time of the sale of #2 there was an increase from $600 to $800. The increase was actually announced before the sale of #2. Since that increase which was for #12 there has been a cover for $400, 500, 750, 800 and 875. There is no doubling. As I understand it $400 for a cover of a popular title is quite cheap so there needed to be some adjustment.

listen you. lol

Listening. :wink:

Objection, your honor! Relevance?

what was #2? $400?

Yup, and wish I'd been on the train at the beginning to have had a chance at it originally.

You and me both. And relevance? Anything is relevant when you break out :baiting: