• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No paypal fees when sending money! With a catch, of course.

75 posts in this topic

Well, I just found out from my seller that when I chose this option, he wasn't charged any fees, but now he cannot print a PayPal USPS discounted shipping label with a very low-cost delivery confirmation fee included.

So his shipping costs just went up a tiny bit.

Anyone else have this? Did I choose the wrong option?

Nope, a personal transfer doesn't include an address for shipping, as "goods" are not being sold. The seller has to go to USPS.com and enter all the details manually to get the discounted rate and the free delivery confirmation. This stuff adds up btw . . .

Sheesh ....

On paypal.com click "Merchant Services" at the top, then the "Multi-order Shipping" link on the page - in there you can create all the shipping labels you want. And as an added bonus you can do more than one at a time.

Using usps.com is never a good idea, because they don't allow you to print first class & media mail postage (unlike paypal.com).

Sheesh! yourself :acclaim:

:gossip: I only ship Priority and the address book function in USPS works just fine, thanks.

PayPal's "multi-order shipping" is fine, but unnecesary for the volume I sell.

Sure, but you made it seem like people had to go to usps.com to print the shipping labels now :baiting:

No, I meant the address isn't filled in for you, as when goods are sold. :)

Well, I just found out from my seller that when I chose this option, he wasn't charged any fees, but now he cannot print a PayPal USPS discounted shipping label with a very low-cost delivery confirmation fee included.

As long as he uses USPS online postage (he just has to put in the info manually) he get the free Delivery Con.

Unless I am missing something you said.

Nope, a personal transfer doesn't include an address for shipping, as "goods" are not being sold. The seller has to go to USPS.com and enter all the details manually to get the discounted rate and the free delivery confirmation. This stuff adds up btw . . .

Sheesh ....

On paypal.com click "Merchant Services" at the top, then the "Multi-order Shipping" link on the page - in there you can create all the shipping labels you want. And as an added bonus you can do more than one at a time.

Using usps.com is never a good idea, because they don't allow you to print first class & media mail postage (unlike paypal.com).

Really hm:banana: I never new that.

Care to give some screen shots for a visual how to?

i was charged $15 in fees yesterday by PP, when my roommate PP'd me his rent and didn't know about the two tabs. :pullhair: i told him to use the personal tab from now on, so PP can't charge for fees. feeBay/PP effin sucks!!! :censored:

Refund his payment and then have him re-send the money.

Easy-peasy.

i was charged $15 in fees yesterday by PP, when my roommate PP'd me his rent and didn't know about the two tabs. :pullhair: i told him to use the personal tab from now on, so PP can't charge for fees. feeBay/PP effin sucks!!! :censored:

Easy-peasy.

:idea:

Easy-peasy.

:idea:

a little late for that. meh that's why i called PP, besides, he sent me another $15 for his eff up and it worked with the personal tab. :idea:

so how was this PayPal's fault? (shrug)

because they never charged any fees before for a personal account. meh i called PP last night and talked to customer service, and he said that too many people were getting out of fees on feeBay, hence now they have two tabs. :tonofbricks: the personal tab has no protection. :baiting:

This is all good to know. I bet PP closes this loophole soon.

because they never charged any fees before for a personal account. meh i called PP last night and talked to customer service, and he said that too many people were getting out of fees on feeBay, hence now they have two tabs. :tonofbricks: the personal tab has no protection. :baiting:

Uh, they just opened it. :) I suspect there is a "behind the scenes" reason for it. :whistle:

i've been using the personal pay option now and seems to be working fine, no fees on either end...so i'm not sure if people are still adding 3% to their sale prices because they don't know about this or what.

j

just so all know...sometimes paypal will "flag"a transaction as risky when using the personal transfer page instead of purchase...

it happened to me the first time 2 days ago and when this happens,you can only use a credit/debit card or e-check and NOT YOUR BANK or PAYPAL balance..and FEEs are charged then..i personally think its paypals way of still getting its 3% from some of these personal transactions...

i called paypal and spoke with them regarding this,and was told that once the trans is flagged,paypal cannot un-flag it..so i had no choice but to eat the 3%..FYI.

It's not a loophole and it's not limited to personal accounts only. It's based on "transaction type."

the personal tab has no protection. :baiting:

Oh Lord! I can see this getting interesting.

that's the idea...there are major marketing campaigns in progress around this concept. It's all about "active" users (thumbs u

Thank you for this thread, I have changed and integrated ths thread into my invoice due to it. I was getting paid on my "personal" paypal account for months thinking that as a money transfer I wasn't being charged fees. I'm not thrilled at paypal for not showing the fees being taken out on the sheet showing payments.

Here are my tips from what I have learned in my invoice.

1. Allow users to still use the old/default method. Often the 3% isn't worth the hassle of explaining how to get around the fee as well as the other issue described on this thread

2. Provide a link to this threads page 1, the screen shots are great

3. State clearly that you need an address.

4. Use another fee payment to make another paypal mailing sheet (then be sure to either change the address within paypal or write over the "false" original address.)

5. Maintain a good reputation and provide references so buyers feel comfortable not having the paypal protection. Don't fight giving refunds.

I really like using the paypal USPS payment and label feature. That ease of use is a real loss when using the "personal" payments. If anyone knows a way around that, let me know, I'd appreciate it.

Here's the invoice I use now. I'm still trying to make it friendlier and more explanatory but I think it works for the most part.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

For paypal payment please send $10 to

Edsmith@email.com

If you are willing, please make it a personal payment by clicking on the tab marked "personal" and select "other". Also, please add your address in the notes page.

If you are more comfortable using the purchase tab (default), that is fine too.

See this link for a full explanation and screenshots if you've never done it before.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3231229&fpart=1]

If you would like to pay by check cash or MO please send to

Ed Smith

1234 Fake St

Springfield, XX 55555

I pick up a fee when I use it, but thinking about it it's probably the 'currency conversion'.

It's not a 'currency conversion' but a fee, around about 1% like you said Gav. This appears to be just in UK Paypal accounts, or at least non-US accounts.