• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #1 cgc9.6 what's the value?

27 posts in this topic

It looks like the same book from the 2001 Sotheby's catalog. The previous comments stated something to the effect that there were slight tanning on the edges. It is evident by looking at the Heritage scan.

Slight tanning...on a 9.6? Wonder how slight "slight" really is? We all need more precise ways to measure some of these common defects; using words like "slight," "small amount," etc leaves a lot of room open to interpretation.

Oops, I'm confused. I thought you were referring to the Amazing Fantasy 15 which does look like that copy! My bad. Steve would have to answer that question. Don't know what comments would have been removed on the Spidey 1? However, I will look at my 2001 Sotheby's catalog and see if it looks similar. confused.gif

Interesting, "slight" or "very minor" tanning has resulted in many of my flawless keys being slabbed no better than an 8.0 - every time. I guess it's no different than any business where huge $ amounts hinge on something like a "grading point."