• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT [kinda]: Upper Deck original card art...

22 posts in this topic

I was tempted to buy one but 200+ (or $250 in the ones I was looking at) is above my comfort zone in terms of "throwing away just because I like it" (i.e. overpaying above market)

Fortunately, there was a card already on ebay!

Kobe Original Art

If Kobe Bryant only got $199, I'm overpaying for those hockey cards originals I am looking at and now is not the time to overpay!

Malvin

I don't know if that is a good gauge. That might be the worst image of Kobe I have ever seen...outside of his mug shot that is.

C

If you want to get that picky, most of the images I saw weren't exactly striking or a good likeness, its not like Drew Struzan did them! :D

Malvin

And a Struzan will start at five figures.

I was tempted to buy one but 200+ (or $250 in the ones I was looking at) is above my comfort zone in terms of "throwing away just because I like it" (i.e. overpaying above market)

Fortunately, there was a card already on ebay!

Kobe Original Art

If Kobe Bryant only got $199, I'm overpaying for those hockey cards originals I am looking at and now is not the time to overpay!

Malvin

I wouldn't look at it that way either. Just ask yourself if you like the image enough to pay a couple hundred to have it on your wall.