• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My 9.8 Goals

54 posts in this topic

So....anybody else have any 9.8 goals?

I considered asking that in a bronze thread, too, but figured it would either be impossible due to a lack of runs in that grade, or a lack of funds.

Copper is probably the most likely source for complete runs for that, no?

I considered asking that in a bronze thread, too, but figured it would either be impossible due to a lack of runs in that grade, or a lack of funds.

Miracleman #1-24 all in 9.8 - the only book I'm missing now is the #23 (I have a paltry 9.6 copy of that).

And, of course, Sandman #1-75 (+ the Special) in 9.8 - missing about 9 books right now, most of which have zero 9.8 copies in the census.

Good times!

Mmmm...tasty. I might go for a run like tha myself.

You can once I finish mine first. :sumo:

lol

And thanks, Pat!

I can't just slab what I've got out of my collection....?

Who knows, maybe I can sell YOU some....

:devil:

Miracleman #1-24 all in 9.8 - the only book I'm missing now is the #23 (I have a paltry 9.6 copy of that).

And, of course, Sandman #1-75 (+ the Special) in 9.8 - missing about 9 books right now, most of which have zero 9.8 copies in the census.

Good times!

What are you missing? Send me a list, and I'll look for potentials next time I'm around the Sandies...

I have a #24 MM in for pre-screen @ 9.8 right now. I don't think my #23 would make it. Silly book.

Well, the problem would be in getting them signed, then having them grade 9.8.

No easy task, as my latest CGC results show.

lol

Believe me, I know. Do you know how many Animal Man #5's I've bought before getting this one? Not to be taken lightly in the difficulty of obtaining the run in 9.8. A similar run I'm making in terms of difficulty, though modern, is Maxx 1-35 in 9.8 :P

I started collecting slabs with the intent of getting these three series in 9.8 SS: Year One, The Dark Knight Returns, and Watchmen. I recently finished the Watchmen and I have all 9.8s for the other two sets in blue labels. Unfortunately, Mazzucchelli almost never does shows and we all know about Mr. Miller so it'll be a long wait for Year One and TDKR. :cry: