• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Report from Big Apple Convention

62 posts in this topic

You know... I'm actually in New York, but I totally didn't put two and two together and realize that the Big Apple Con was today (and in New York.) doh!

(We had things already scheduled for today as well.)

Dinner at WD-50 tonight...

Chef Wylie Dufresne, one Michelin star. You should be in for a great dining experience. :applause:

Saw him as a guest judge on Top Chef last year, and from the previews it looks like he's competing in Top Chef Masters this year (first episode was on last Wednesday, it was pretty good).

But what the hell is up with no PADMA!?!?!

rantrant:sumo:

I know! I think it has to do with this is not a regular Top Chef series. I hope. :wishluck:

Not sure if I could adjust to watching with out her. :cloud9:

Well, we're back from wd-50 and I have to say that while it was extremely interesting and the molecular gastronomy techniques were innovative, it was possibly one of the most disappointing meals of my life. (A $400 disappointment.) :(

I understand you either love it or you hate it... and I can now see how that would happen.

:tonofbricks: A big price to pay for a disappointing dinner indeed. :flamed: