• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tech support....Browser Help Needed Board help line!!!!

8 posts in this topic

I was using Auctiva for my ebay listings. I switched to inkfrog a few weeks back, when Auctiva went mad and started charging fees for everything under the sun. I am having trouble uploading images to the inkfrog site suing the active x option, drag and drop method.

I get an error message that "server redirects are not allowed". I asked them for help, they have no clue. I tried to turned off the firewall, antivirus, and did a small snake dance, no luck. They claim that error is not something they have not encountered uploading images. They think one of my browser settings is causing this issue.

I use mozilla so I tried IE, same error message came right back. Any computer experts know what this server redirects error is from?

If it occurs on more than one browser, than it most likely is not a browser issue, but an application issue (InkFrog, Auctiva). If they're tech support can't tell you why they send specific error messages to your browser, then that's pretty lame.

I Google'd the error message "server redirects are not allowed" and didn't get much - only a couple links to an Auctiva community site where a user describes a similar issue, then later said it was resolved without explaining how it got resolved :|

Thanks, I googled it and came up with a big goose egg as well. I am not sure how to fix it, especially if they have no idea either?

I would still be with Auctiva but they had a mental breakdown a few weeks ago. They went from a free site to a pay as you go site and they wanted a piece of every ebay sale I made. I have enough partners already. inkfrog may be a bit slow in the tech support area, but they are fairly priced at 10.00 a month.

Three weeks after the auctiva announcement, and tons of ebay user walked away from their new pricing model, they came to their senses. They now have a 10.00 a month program for listing and images. It's not free, but I knew the free auctiva site was going to have to charge one day. I might go back if I cannot solve this server redirect issue.

Do you have any Identify Theft Protection software? Try the snake dance again? I'm grabbing at straws here.

I had some real problems with ITP software, took me months to figure it out doh!

This person reports that it was due to having quotation marks in filenames.

If I only knew how to remove the quotation marks I would be fine? Basically, all my file name do not have quotation marks. I save a file and it's on my computer. I upload and send these files all over town without changing them at all. This is the only website that seems to have a problem with them? I do not even think they have quote marks in them?

Possibly my browser is adding them when uploading to inkfrog? I never had a upload problem with Auctiva, just happens with the inkfrog website...

A server redirect is generally just a simple line of code in the header of a webpage that tells your browser to point to a different address than the one you entered in, generally used by companies to have multiple URLs pointing to one main location. For example, if your main company URL is Their.com, you would register There.com and Theyre.com and have those two sites redirect to Their.com.

The only advice I can offer is that ActiveX is a load of horse manure, and you should use a different option than that to upload files. I would guess that the error is Inkfrog's, probably a coding error