• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Spectre!!

66 posts in this topic

The BA Aparo run is definitely required reading. There was also a follow up done fairly recently. It should be available as a TPB at your local LCS.

I would love to buy one of the MF Spectres, but even restored copies (as most boardies know) are very expensive.

Low to Mid grade copies are a lot cheaper than a copy of that overrated AF #15 you are saving up for. :baiting:

For example:

MoreFun57.jpg

The BA Aparo run is definitely required reading. There was also a follow up done fairly recently. It should be available as a TPB at your local LCS.

I would love to buy one of the MF Spectres, but even restored copies (as most boardies know) are very expensive.

Low to Mid grade copies are a lot cheaper than a copy of that overrated AF #15 you are saving up for. :baiting:

For example:

MoreFun57.jpg

Nice! You don't see that cover very often...

Add me to the list of admirers of the covers from the 1990s run by Ostrander & Mandrake:

41755-spectre6.jpg

One of the best runs in modern comics. (thumbs u The cover for #6 is one of my all time favorites. Just stunning.

Favorite Spectre moment: Swamp Thing Annual #2 :o:cloud9:

swampthingANN02pg18.gifswampthingANN02pg19.gif

The Spectre has always been a "cool" looking character with interesting potential for storylines. But the problem with the character is that he's hard to relate to as a kid. What I mean by that is, as a kid, we'd pick a superhero to be when we played. Batman? Check. Spiderman? Check. Wolverine? Superman? Check, check. But the Spectre? What does he do? There's a disconnect there. I think he's a fascinating character but I don't think he's what I would call a superhero, especially over the last number of decades. He reminds me more of a comic force of nature or demi-god like Galactus. Not that you can't write good storylines around him I might add.

I love the Adventure Aparo covers!

Pretty Sweet.

Would spectre experts say his closest counterpart in marvel is eternity?

I know eternity doesn't have any agenda to punish evil or anything, but that page really got me thinking about it.

Add me to the list of admirers of the covers from the 1990s run by Ostrander & Mandrake:

41755-spectre6.jpg

One of the best runs in modern comics. (thumbs u The cover for #6 is one of my all time favorites. Just stunning.

Favorite Spectre moment: Swamp Thing Annual #2 :o:cloud9:

swampthingANN02pg18.gifswampthingANN02pg19.gif

For example:

MoreFun57.jpg

Nice! You don't see that cover very often...

You can see it in hand in a couple of weeks when it finally arrives from Heritage. :wishluck: