• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HOS #92 9.6 vs GL #76 9.6

49 posts in this topic

HOS92 no doubt. Writing him off as a Man thing Immitator is naive. The list of chracters who were created in the bronze age, have appeared in +/- 250 comics, had 2 movies made, a live action TV series, a cartoon & a toy line is a very short list indeed.

obviously not a direct answer to the question you asked but the market has spoken and it's GL#76 in a landslide ($30.5k to $6.2k)

Apples and oranges. There are multiple 9.6 copies of HOS 92, whereas there is just the 1 9.6 copy of GL 76, plus many more 9.4 copies of HOS 92.

Although that doesn't mean that if the numbers were the same that the HOS 92 would go for as much. On the other hand, if you had told me yesterday that the GL 76 would go for $30K, I would've laughed.

obviously not a direct answer to the question you asked but the market has spoken and it's GL#76 in a landslide ($30.5k to $6.2k)

Apples and oranges. There are multiple 9.6 copies of HOS 92, whereas there is just the 1 9.6 copy of GL 76, plus many more 9.4 copies of HOS 92.

Although that doesn't mean that if the numbers were the same that the HOS 92 would go for as much. On the other hand, if you had told me yesterday that the GL 76 would go for $30K, I would've laughed.

personally I think HOS#92 will indeed reach those heights someday,it is a very hard to find in uber high grade and a very under appreciated comic IMHO 2c

So get yours now,before it's too late :gossip:

personally I think HOS#92 will indeed reach those heights someday,it is a very hard to find in uber high grade and a very under appreciated comic IMHO 2c

Or don't, and let us enjoy them in our collection.

Bwhaaaaahaaaaa

Or don't, and let us enjoy them in our collection.

Bwhaaaaahaaaaa

:roflmao:

The biggest problem for HOS #92 will always be that it is the 1st appearance of a 3rd tier character. GL #76 is not a 1st appearance but it is still considered to be the start of the BA for DC and features classic Neal Adams artwork (not the crud he did on the early Tec covers or even his early Strange Adventures run). This books is probably driven in price more by Neal Adams than anything else.

Speaking of which, how much would would the cover OA for GL #76 go for now?

The biggest problem for HOS #92 will always be that it is the 1st appearance of a 3rd tier character. GL #76 is not a 1st appearance but it is still considered to be the start of the BA for DC and features classic Neal Adams artwork (not the crud he did on the early Tec covers or even his early Strange Adventures run). This books is probably driven in price more by Neal Adams than anything else.

Speaking of which, how much would would the cover OA for GL #76 go for now?

Ive always thought as Green Lantern #76 as starting the Bronze Age of comic books as ive stated before and even though HOS #92 is drawn by a fantastic artist the character isnt a 1st tier one. By now you will probably know the final price for the GL #76 and i dont think we will be seeing more than a handful of other 9.6's in the next few years. By the way does anybody know what the final selling price of the HOS #92 sold for.

6200$ I was the underbidder, could not quite bring myself to enter $6400. I figure there will always be another one.

I believe there are two that come up under Heritages new historic sale bid process (not sure what they call it now).

You go into the Archive area, look up "House of Secrets 92," and anyone that feels like taking offers on their previous winnings will have a Make Offer button next to the book.

Not sure how smooth this goes, but you can at least try.

HOS92 no doubt. Writing him off as a Man thing Immitator is naive. The list of chracters who were created in the bronze age, have appeared in +/- 250 comics, had 2 movies made, a live action TV series, a cartoon & a toy line is a very short list indeed.

Was going to post something very similar to this till I read your post! (thumbs u

I admit I'm a tad biased on this as I'm a horror fan so I definitly go with HoS #92.

btw: Just going by the issue alone for those who haven't actually read the comic,

it is a very sorrowful, emotional tale of love, betrayal, death and revenge.

Powerfully written and drawn in only eight pages! A true classic horror story, period!

Was going to post something very similar to this till I read your post! (thumbs u

I admit I'm a tad biased on this as I'm a horror fan so I definitly go with HoS #92.

btw: Just going by the issue alone for those who haven't actually read the comic,

it is a very sorrowful, emotional tale of love, betrayal, death and revenge.

Powerfully written and drawn in only eight pages! A true classic horror story, period!

people who havent really read HOS#92 think" it's just a third tier character". :makepoint: