• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC Fans Pretty Book 1/04/04

26 posts in this topic

Compared to a FF 52? More like a FF 1! It's a 1961 DC! 893censored-thumb.giftongue.gif

Compared to this baby, even FF 1 in NM is positively "common". There's only one Flash 123 in 9.4, 2 in 9.2 and 2 in 9.0 in the census. Prior to seeing this particular copy in the census, now so helpfully confirmed by Tom, I had serious doubts as to whether a true 9.4 copy existed. Last time I checked the census for Flash, between #s 105-130 there are a grand total of EIGHT issues (including this one) in which a CGC 9.4 copy exists (there are no 9.6s or 9.8s). This would be like saying that only 8 issues of FF1-25 or ASM 1-25 had been certified as 9.4 or higher.

Of course, I'm not so naive as to think the census is the definitive universe of books, so there may be some other pristine copies out there, but I sure as heck haven't been able to find out any info about them! I have been searching for any data on Pacific Coast or Curator runs of Flash for years. Do they exist? Are they complete? What kind of grades? Robert Roter's PC Flash 137 (9.6) is the only Flash from the PC collection that I've seen or heard of, and the only one I've seen that has been slabbed. I've seen some stunning Curator DCs appear here and there, but no runs, and no Flash. Does anyone have any info on DCs from these pedigrees?