• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So It's Been A Year

32 posts in this topic

Gav. I remember when you first joined here, so now I know HOW you got here.

One of my favorite posters for sure, and a good guy all around (thumbs u

Now maybe I will start sending you PMs with my books in them :devil:

Just to see where next year leads :whistle:

Great post Gav :golfclap:

And it's been great to have you around this past year (thumbs u

The 'Opolis wouldn't have grown as it has without your considerable input - I salute you (worship)

The pleasure has been all mine mate (thumbs u You pointed me in the right direction when I was a blundering novice!

Damn good post :applause:

I made a similar transition these past few years, having rediscovered my comic collection and become enamoured of slabbed books.

The books you've already acquired - from what I've seen - demonstrate much better taste and focus than I can muster (thumbs u

Just noticed the Preacher in your sig. I must have one of those. I literally just this minute finished the final volume 'Alamo', as well as a bottle of vodka (they go well together), and am reeling from the sheer awesomeness of that epic tale.

Preacher is an awesome series, probably my favourite to read. It's a great series to pick up in HG slabs :headbang:

Gav. I remember when you first joined here, so now I know HOW you got here.

One of my favorite posters for sure, and a good guy all around (thumbs u

Now maybe I will start sending you PMs with my books in them :devil:

Just to see where next year leads :whistle:

I kept taking a quick peek at the boards when I was adding my first couple of slabs to the registry and I just found it too daunting!

I joined in the end though as I thought everybody has to start somewhere. I took the time to read as much as I coud and it was eye-opening. The wealth of knowledge available on here for free is unbelievable for those who want to learn.

And your PMs are so hard impossible to resist Pat (:

Gav, after getting to know you on Comicopolis, I was really glad you joined the CGC boards too. You bring an enthusiasm and honesty with you that is refreshing and fun even if you do collect DC and not Marvel.

Kudos to Gav. (worship)

Yeah, for a grown man with a Batman fetish you are OK :baiting:

You didn't reply to my last PM. :cry:

Yeah, for a grown man with a Batman fetish you are OK :baiting:

You didn't reply to my last PM. :cry:

Yikes - you sound like my mother lol

:roflmao:

Gav, after getting to know you on Comicopolis, I was really glad you joined the CGC boards too. You bring an enthusiasm and honesty with you that is refreshing and fun even if you do collect DC and not Marvel.

Kudos to Gav. (worship)

Gaz, if I remember rightly it was you mentioning the boards that got me to join up. And I'm damn glad I did! How's the site coming along anyway?