• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking To Identify Important Covers & Stories

23 posts in this topic

Mark

I don't believe you can have this discussion without the mention of the Zap Comix #1 and #0 story...absolutely seminal and groundbreaking in the comic book world as well as our American culture! Fair Warning: For Adult Intellectuals Only! lol

Plenty of story/drama as well as the side story with the warehouse fire destroying most of the Plymell #1 first editions...as well as the #1 vs #0 story...CLASSIC! :headbang:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zap_Comix

ZAPCOMIX1VF-3.jpg

ZAPCOMIX0VF-1.jpg

For anyone who is interested, a video of the SD Con presentation has been placed online. Approximately 30-40 people attended which was not bad for a Saturday night at 6:30 pm!

From Cave Art To Superheroes Comic Books & Social Commentary

Unfortunately not only did I run out of time to finish (ah, the perils of a virgin presentation!) but the tape ran out and cut off the last 10 minutes or as well! doh! The entire video lasts one hour and I believe most of you will find it enjoyable and educational.

I welcome any constructive criticism or suggestions as I will be delivering this lecture again in the coming months. Feel free to e-mail me at EsquireComics@aol.com or PM me here (although sadly I haven't been on the site lately due to an overwhelming amount of legal work).

In fact, I have already refined the lecture as will be evident in another video soon to be posted online. Last week I delivered a variation of the lecture in Rochester, NY before around 100 people for approximately 2 hours, and the entire program was taped.