• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Philly report

48 posts in this topic

...I'm 4'11! D:

If the WikiPedia article on average human heights around the world has any accuracy, don't think of yourself as short, just think of yourself as being average for the wrong country. The data there claims that 4'11" is the average height of all women in big countries such as India, Mexico, the Phillippines, or Vietnam. You're above average for Indonesia! :baiting:

What the heck are they feeding people in the Dinaric Alps? The average height there for a female is 5'7", and for a male it's 6'1".

Now I feel short. :tonofbricks:

What the heck are they feeding people in the Dinaric Alps? The average height there for a female is 5'7", and for a male it's 6'1".

It's probably a country without a lot of immigrants. In the US and Canada where the average is around 5' 9" for men and around 5' 4" for women, you're almost looking at the average for the entire world due to the mixed ethnicities, but with a slight bias towards Europeans. Looks like all the Scandanavian countries have the tallest averages around the world. Isn't it harder to get to live in some of those countries as an immigrant? (shrug)

I also don't much believe the numbers, there's almost certainly a huge amount of bias and error in many of them. The only trend that's at all clear is that countries with the largest amounts of malnutrition have the lowest average heights.

...I'm 4'11! D:

If the WikiPedia article on average human heights around the world has any accuracy, don't think of yourself as short, just think of yourself as being average for the wrong country. The data there claims that 4'11" is the average height of all women in big countries such as India, Mexico, the Phillippines, or Vietnam. You're above average for Indonesia! :baiting:

Oh thank goodness!

...I'm 4'11! D:

Oh thank goodness!

Aren't you also considered a legal midgit? No offense intended darlin'! But you can get a handicapped parking spot for it! xD

...I'm 4'11! D:

Oh thank goodness!

Aren't you also considered a legal midgit? No offense intended darlin'! But you can get a handicapped parking spot for it! xD

I think the legal height is around 4'5, actually. I used to have a tag though, but I needed it after I had my back operation and had to use a walker! (Hahah, the more you know...)

Y'know, I did look for you all weekend.......assuming you didn't lie in the Events thread and really were wearing your avatar on your shirt P= I didn't see you.