• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POLL: Are you a paper collector?

Do you have an interest in collecting non-comic related paper items?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have an interest in collecting non-comic related paper items?

28 posts in this topic

I seem to think somewhere in my hoard of stuff there is a few collector type rolling paper packs. I forget if they are done by a certain artist or some rock memorabilia but I do think they had comic book type art on the packs. *sighs* I do miss my liquid sky papers though..they made the uhm...tobacco.. taste all cherry flavored..sweet!

I seem to think somewhere in my hoard of stuff there is a few collector type rolling paper packs. I forget if they are done by a certain artist or some rock memorabilia but I do think they had comic book type art on the packs. *sighs* I do miss my liquid sky papers though..they made the uhm...tobacco.. taste all cherry flavored..sweet!

... and I was just about to post something about how could anyone collect rolling papers, don't they get burnt up?

lol

-slym

I collect tons of paper. It's more hoarding issues for me. I love old pictures. I have a new hobby which involves going to estate auctions and buying heaps of black and white photos. Then I track down the people in the pictures via the internet. Sometimes just for the heck of it. Sometimes I find there are people trying to find these old pictures and I send them to them.

My best one to date was a find at a local garage sale. The seller had several boxes of old photographs and tin type photos. They wanted $1-5 each. I chatted with her awhile (a neighbor) she said that since she was about to pack up and no one had shown interest all day, I could have them all for $8. I told her I loved old photos and paper items. She said I should go through her trash bag and get the papers that where in with the cache of photos. She had purchased the photos in bulk at an auction. She figured the papers, which were newspaper clipping about the family members in the photos, marriage, birth, death certificates,baptismal records and even adoption papers were mostly junk and no one would buy them. I dug them all out of the trash. Within days I found 2 people on opposite ends of the country (one in FL. one in CA) who wanted any information about their family. The family had been one of the founding settlers of Kansas but had been scattered across the country. Everyone lost touch and never had info and here I was sitting on all the info they could ask for. I even had the original wedding photos, birth certificates and marriage certificate for the settlers. It was just great to talk to the family and find out why these old memories ended up as discards. I packed them all up and shipped them out to the eldest person who responded (figuring she would've been the one most eligible to get them). So for a whopping $8 I got a great deal of fun.

(thumbs u

... and I was just about to post something about how could anyone collect rolling papers, don't they get burnt up?

lol

-slym

Yep. Comics books collect to read, rolling papers I collect to smoke. I currently have an enormous collection of rolling papers, but I keep moving them and then replacing the same issues doh!

It's that short term memory loss gets me everytime. I forget I have them or can't find them so have to go buy more comics..I can't remember why I have short term memory loss but I think..wait..what was I talking about again?