• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I bought some CGC books off Daken about 2 months ago and they took about a month too arrive. He didn't answer any pm's during this time period, but they did finally show up. I was weary of buying more books after waiting this long last time. I also tried his personal email address and he also didn't answer those, but I think that is when he finally mailed the items out. I would try that if nothing else. Hope this helps. -Matt

Did he get in a car wreck then also? I've seen a few different people post that it took a long time to get their books, so be patient. However, 30 days is the cutoff and he didn't respond to my last PM. I posted here and in his last sales thread to warn others.

30 days is the cutoff

If you ask me you guys should really cut this figure in half... 2c

At the least, make it open to calling someone out if you haven't gotten any response for 15 days or more.

After so much effort on my part to resolve this, we can add HUSH to the list of welchers...way to go, Joe! meh

He 'bought' four books from the OO...even asked for and received a bit of discount...but when it came time to pay, he fell remarkably silent.

I sent him an 'invoice' some six weeks ago and he asked if he could swap out one book for another. I told him he could, but values were different and that he'd have to pay a bit more for the replacement. He never responded, nor did he pay...even though he had my Paypal details.

Two weeks ago, I reminded him. He read the PM, but didn't pay.

One week ago, I reminded him again. He again read the PM, but again didn't pay.

I PMed him again last night and warned him his name was to be outed...nothing. :(

So here's to you, HUSH...the newest addition to the board's list of welchers!

Pretty eye-opening thread here.

From what I've seen in this thread the number of probation buyers has fluctuated from about 8-11 people ( currently 11 on the list if you include Hush ). Some people coming and going off the list throughout it's inception.

There are about 70 consistent buyers ( maybe that number is too high for this example ) in this selling forum using :takeit: in a given period, say throughout a rolling monthly average.

With those numbers, 15.7% are the odds that the trusting seller will encounter issues with a buyer on these forums.

Doesn't bold well for a community trying to foster a safe environment for a buy and sell. It's no different then the headaches encountered selling on eBay.

It's probably always been this way....just becomes more transparent because of this thread.

The one positive is you do see a lot of interaction between the same buyers and sellers that have established a good friendship unlike many other sites on the internet.

Interesting. This would make HUSH a welcher in both buying and selling.

On September 9 I purchased a page of GI Joe art from Hush. The transaction can be seen here.

I sent payment to him via Paypal that very same day.

On October 5, having received nothing in the mail, I sent him a PM asking for a status of the deal. The PM was opened but not replied to.

As of this morning, I have received no OA, no PM, no nothing in over 30 days.

He still has the page displayed in his CAF Gallery

I have to add my nomination of Daken2626 to the probation list. Its been a month since I sent a $20 paypal payment for two CGC 9.8 Wolverine issues. I have sent three e-mails to him over the last two weeks and no response other than the e-mail that stated that the comics were shipped (others have posted the e-mail). Last night I started the process of getting the $20 refunded from Paypal but I am hoping to not have to go that far but its been a month. Way to long in my opinion!!

10/11/07 PROBATION UPDATE

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

bronzejunkie

Cap FFreak

comicmankev

daken2626

donavan74

Herald2Galactus (1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

HUSH

Joker-Fish

Lighthouse

Nascar

Sid

SpiderJay300

I think its time to really shorten this 30 day time period.

I think 10 days should be the max and 2 weeks for overseas :sumo:

I would agree with this statement. You guys have been way too forgiving with such a long grace period. Unless the buyer and seller have worked out a payment plan. It should be less time!!!

I would agree with this statement. You guys have been way too forgiving with such a long grace period. Unless the buyer and seller have worked out a payment plan. It should be less time!!!

welcome back meh

After so much effort on my part to resolve this, we can add HUSH to the list of welchers...way to go, Joe! meh

He 'bought' four books from the OO...even asked for and received a bit of discount...but when it came time to pay, he fell remarkably silent.

I sent him an 'invoice' some six weeks ago and he asked if he could swap out one book for another. I told him he could, but values were different and that he'd have to pay a bit more for the replacement. He never responded, nor did he pay...even though he had my Paypal details.

Two weeks ago, I reminded him. He read the PM, but didn't pay.

One week ago, I reminded him again. He again read the PM, but again didn't pay.

I PMed him again last night and warned him his name was to be outed...nothing. :(

That's too bad, he's a good guy, just went a little over his limits at times.

Although this is may be a good idea, I don't think that it is practical. I try and ship within a couple of days of selling a book, but it still takes at least two weeks from Canada to the U.S. via regular mail (which most buyers want). If the cutoff date is two weeks it will force me to charge all buyers for expediated service. I think four weeks is a good time period because it gives a few days to box and mail while still allowing up to three weeks for delivery (I've never had a package take longer than that).

Mike

Although this is may be a good idea, I don't think that it is practical. I try and ship within a couple of days of selling a book, but it still takes at least two weeks from Canada to the U.S. via regular mail (which most buyers want). If the cutoff date is two weeks it will force me to charge all buyers for expediated service. I think four weeks is a good time period because it gives a few days to box and mail while still allowing up to three weeks for delivery (I've never had a package take longer than that).

Mike

I think proof that the book has been shipped is enough. If their is a valid tracking number that should suffice until it gets there. I mean you could mail nothing and the buyer would not know until the package arrived. At least this way you have a place holder so no one blasts you after 14 days.