• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

lol this is sad. I changed my mind in buying Pennynike1's Ranger Comics #26 CGC 7.5 for $700 (which is only about 5x guide) god only knows what It'll take to buy the copy Hockey&Comicsguy was selling if Pennynike1 would have won it and later "decides" to sell it.

Unfortunately, aside from Roy's purchase of that 7.5 copy, all the slabbed copies I have seen have sold for 5x guide. I should know as I sold the 9.2, bought the 9.4 and then sold the 9.4. Apparently it's a 5x guide book. And it doesn't even get it's own spot in the OSPG. No respect.

His 7.5 copy

Rangers26_75_lbl.jpg

My CGC signed copy

Rangers26request.jpg

Even though I probably spent about $300 for this copy total, I should sell it for $1,000

love your copy 'trooper. did you get your medal of honor book yet?

Another poster made a great suggestion and I think I will follow it in the future. And that is to clearly state that an unconditional :takeit: trumps any negotiating. Although I still see problems with that as I like communicating with folks and trying to work deals out, I would hate to in good faith, negotiate with somebody and then say, sorry you lose. But I guess I could point that out to the person I am negotiating with.

Mike

Best way to solve this is to immediately edit the book in your thread to say it is "On HOLD" and if the negotiations don't work out, state that the book is back on the market. I've seen a few guys do this in terms of keeping everybody up to date on the status of said book.

Another poster made a great suggestion and I think I will follow it in the future. And that is to clearly state that an unconditional :takeit: trumps any negotiating. Although I still see problems with that as I like communicating with folks and trying to work deals out, I would hate to in good faith, negotiate with somebody and then say, sorry you lose. But I guess I could point that out to the person I am negotiating with.

Mike

Best way to solve this is to immediately edit the book in your thread to say it is "On HOLD" and if the negotiations don't work out, state that the book is back on the market. I've seen a few guys do this in terms of keeping everybody up to date on the status of said book.

I agree. It would have saved alot of headaches for me, pennymike and the rest of the forum reading through this. I have literally sent and received as many pm's today as I have in the past 12 months combined. It was flurry of activity and more than the Rangers was being sold at the time. I in fact had a sale prior to the Rangers that also took place via PM b/c the buyer wanted anonymity. In that instance I had a few moments to mark the book "sold". Later, we were negotiating another deal and that would've been a prime example of a time I should've marked the book "pending". Lesson learned on my part for sure.

Mike

In my sale thread, I put in "the first :takeit: posted publicly takes precedence, although PM offers are accepted."

Now, if someone actually wanted my tat.....

-slym (it's now on page 2) :whistle:

I don't put up any rules. However, if someone contacts me via pm prior to an :takeit: in the thread, the book is on hold and under negotiation. :sumo: And, I reserve the right to sell it to whoever I want. Karma and all that. :sumo: :sumo:

Mike,

Based on what's been presented. I don't think you did anything, in any way, to be chastized about. It is unfortunate that someone does have to go without. We've all had our disapointments, I'm sure, and if mine could all only be comic related, life would be grand.

I'd also like to say that your responses seem to be sincere, and well thought out. You are ok in my book, and I wouldn't hesitate to do business with you.

(thumbs u

Thanks Mike. I appreciate it.

Maybe when I get back into buying mode you'll sell me back that Mystic 3. :baiting:

In my sale thread, I put in "the first :takeit: posted publicly takes precedence, although PM offers are accepted."

I don't put up any rules. However, if someone contacts me via pm prior to an :takeit: in the thread, the book is on hold and under negotiation. :sumo: And, I reserve the right to sell it to whoever I want. Karma and all that. :sumo: :sumo:

Even me . . . :insane:lol

Even me . . . :insane:lol

And I fly my indiscretion flag out there in public..., :blush:

It may not be as clear cut as it appears. What happens if by PM the seller informs a buyer that he agrees to his terms, but before he can post the news in his thread someone hits the BIN? I'm not saying this is what happened in this case, but I've always worried that would happen to me in my selling threads. In that situation I think I would tell the BIN person I'm sorry, I just arranged a sale by PM and was just about to post that in the thread.

However, if you've been taking congratulations for an hour, that suggests the seller is did not update the thread in a timely manner. It also opens him up to suspicion that he arranged a sale after you hit the BIN for more money.

Bad situation...

I'd avoid speculation as it's only going to add fuel to the fire. However, you are on to something with letting the thread go w/o being updated. hm

The last issue I want to address is this one. Instead of updating my thread as I should have, I was busy pming both the buyer and pennymike, trying to explain what the situation was. I repeatedly told pennymike what was happening, he ignored it and continued to respond to kudos on his purchase even though he knew there was an issue. For my part, I did not feel like ripping the rug out from under pennymike's feet in a public way like that. I tried to diffuse the situation via pm to no avail. Shortly thereafter I closed the thread entirely, with books left on the table. I needed to raise the funds and I was willing to start lowering prices on even more books. But I wanted close the thread, stop the responses and the kudos and try to get this thing worked out without anybody having to lose face. In retrospect it might have been the wrong way to do it but from my thinking, I did not want to embarrass pennymike openly like that.

As for speculation that I worked out a better deal or a higher price for the book. Whereas the buyer will remain anonymous per his request. I am certain that he will confirm the price he agreed to is the same as stated in the auction. I am sure he would agree to confirming this with the moderators while maintaining his privacy.

Thanks for the support Billy. These were the terms, and I hit the :takeit: sign per those terms:

Ok all, it's about 1:30 in the am here in lovely :sick: Ohio so I have to catch some z's.

I will answer all PM's first thing in the morning. If you want to make an offer, feel free. Please keep in mind that :takeit: trumps.

Mike

Well, I think that is pretty unambiguous.

Before I read futher...

The PM might have had a :takeit: too....

What a mess. :(

I don't think the seller has a time line to update the sales thread .. where in the forum guide lines does it state the sellers has to update the thread ... doing so in a timely manner if fine but when your talking via p.m's you don't see what's taken place in the thread until your done.

People take care of business there own way and should not be influinced by other on how to run there sales thread.

I don't put up any rules.

I'm just trying to avoid any confusion. I think clarity helps, especially since I'm a noob here.

Again, if someone actually wanted anything, that is.....

-slym ( lol )

Burn the witch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Greggy despite everyone telling me not to.

I think to a person, everyone who has bought from me in the past can attest to the fact that I have done right by them. And up until today I would have included pennymike in that list as I sold him my last copy of Rangers 26, the lone 9.2 copy. Alas, for being mostly under the radar for 2+ years here I lament the fact that my biggest contribution, the thing that has gotten me the most attention has been this ordeal. :( What a ing bummer.

Don't worry about it.

You did nothing wrong and this whole mess should have never come to play in the first place.

Any fool can see that after your explanation, and or the ones that don't, well, you don't need them anyways ;)

Don't worry about it.

You did nothing wrong and this whole mess should have never come to play in the first place.

Any fool can see that after your explanation, and or the ones that don't, well, you don't need them anyways ;)

Well said.