• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

That reply was a lot more civil then mine would have been (thumbs u

lol Some people like to reduce, rather than escalate conflict. Mike has shown himself to be a master at this. Wish I could be that level-headed sometimes. My hat's off to him. The boards could use a little more of that attitude. :acclaim:

lol Some people like to reduce, rather than escalate conflict. Mike has shown himself to be a master at this. Wish I could be that level-headed sometimes. My hat's off to him. The boards could use a little more of that attitude. :acclaim:

Peacemonger :sumo:

Hopefully this will be the last word on this and we can all move on.

From pennymike's perspective, he believed he was in the right and he went with that notion. I don't blame him for that nor for his frustration over the situation. Who hasn't been a little cross-eyed before over missing out an a must have book. I just wish we could have resolved this privately so as to not shed a negative light on anyone.

I think a couple of valuable lessons can be learned from this. For my part, 2 things. First, take more time to be crystal clear about sales threads, so there is no room for misinterpretation. Secondly, that there is probably nothing that cannot be worked out if 2 people are willing to remain calm and professional with one another. And it never hurts to be able to see things from the other person's perspective. You don't have to agree with it. But that bit of understanding can do wonders for how you approach the situation.

As mentioned earlier, we have done business in the past without so much as a hiccup. I received an apology from him and I believe it to be sincere and I would not let this one episode close the book on the possibility of us transacting again. I would deal with Alex in the future.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to weigh in on this and for those who offered their support. It was greatly appreciated.

Mike

If there's one thing I've learned in my lifetime, it's that when you're having a disagreement/argument/problem/whatever with someone, it is best that you stay away from each other for an hour or so and give yourself time to contemplate what REALLY just happened. Quite often emotions get in the way of clear thinking. Give yourself time to think about what happened and why it happened the way it did. Quite often you start thinking of the other person's view and realize you yourself might have done or said something to make the situation even worse.

Peacemonger :sumo:

:shy:

Agreed. And for the record, I wish anyone would care this much about any book I put up for sale. Usually, all I hear is crickets.

C

Needs a list of his own:

AlleyBat

(added 5/23/08)

$4000.00 scam!!! :sumo:

I met alleybat at MegaCon. What a teeny tiny scrawny weaselly excuse of a man.

:o

Did he actually come out and tell you who he was? Or had you known him prior to the big scam? In any event: WOW.

He was shopping around the same PLOD Batman 1. Funny thing is that he made more money on the book than he scammed it for here.

Needs a list of his own:

AlleyBat

(added 5/23/08)

Did he actually come out and tell you who he was? Or had you known him prior to the big scam? In any event: WOW.

He was shopping around the same PLOD Batman 1. Funny thing is that he made more money on the book than he scammed it for here.

Assuming he actually consummated the sale.

Needs a list of his own:

AlleyBat

(added 5/23/08)

Assuming he actually consummated the sale.

He did. I spoke with a dealer who heard it from the buyers.

You guys should have kicked his ass and have taken pics :makepoint:
The only person who knew what he looked like could only ID him after he'd already sold it. Believe me, this guy was so slimy looking I can't imagine I would wish his life on anyone.

You guys should have kicked his ass and have taken pics :makepoint:
The only person who knew what he looked like could only ID him after he'd already sold it. Believe me, this guy was so slimy looking I can't imagine I would wish his life on anyone.

Did the guy he scammed get his money back?

Hockey&comicsguy i demand you change your forum handle. If you arent going to fight you cant have hockey in your name. :baiting:

Wow people saw alleybat and didnt do anything? That scam and seeing everyone rally around VTcomics was one of the reasons i ended up joining the forum. I still dont know VTcomics and havnt had the pleasure of dealing with him, but i would have gladly knocked alleybat out for him. (thumbs u

Maybe it's possible that Penny removed himself from the PM thread, kind of like what he did to me last week, when he PMed me asking a question and I took time out of my family vacation to answer him and he removed himself from the thread 52 minutes later. I spent half an hour formulating a response from my Iphone and by the time I hit the submit button he was gone.

Don't ever waste my time like that again Bro.

Jim

He does everyone that way.

:eek:

Boys Boys!!! Can't we all just get along?!?!? We'll all be living in tent city's in 2 years anyways, so chill! :headbang:

We'll all be living in tent city's in 2 years anyways, so chill! :headbang:

Some people live in houses that are paid for.

:D

-slym

Some peoples house may be swept away in a wizard of oz type accident and end up in a tent :baiting:

WTTB (thumbs u