• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
20 20

36,203 posts in this topic

Have I overstepped my bounds?

There was no public outcry when the poll was started to remove Menace, so I thought starting a poll was something I could do. It was even suggested by Logan several times.

If I've done something wrong in the process I'll delete the poll.

You must not have been paying attention during the Menace situation, there was public outcry as the poll to put him in was going on. Serious public outcry for Menace to not be on the list.

And here, we have a poll started for somebody, who absolutely nobody was standing up for, nor saying that he shouldn't be off the list.

Several people thought HOS was too harsh at the time of SC's nomination.

Can we get a count? Names? I'd like to ask them how they feel now, after seeing more of SC1's actions and words.

-slym

Sorry, making lunch for Mrs. Hado.

In a SC thread, a member posted a large font red warning about him being a HOS member, and it made me want to revisit the issue.

But earlier he bragged about doing transactions while on the HOS. Nobody then came back here wanting to reinforce why he is in the HOS.

Unfortunately, the mods deleted that part of the Copper Age thread.

CORRECTION: CCGmod0 left it as we had some PM discussions on the topic.

Ive done 7 transactions and 3 trades so you have to ask yourself what does HOS accomplish... (shrug)

for me, nothing zzz

Proof there is no need to revisit this issue? Shouldn't that come with a ban from the boards?

I am keeping in mind how ridiculious it is to keep someone from being here if they are banned. But surely this maroon hasn't gotten the idea

I agree the situation was handled poorly to say the least.

Moving forward, maybe members who frequent this area should police the conversation, and keep it a discussion, rather than a memefest. So the boardie in question doesn't feel like they're being attacked.

This has been a very positive few pages but I'm even feeling overwhelmed being alone on one point of view.

The guy did pretty much dig the hole he's standing in.

Its up to him on weather he wants to dig it deeper or attempt to climb out of it.

The PL list is doing what it can to help rectify situations like this allowing knowledgeable boardies to info those less in the know about who's who on the boards. Its still up to the individual to decide weather or not to deal with any bad egg or not.

Scoff at the PL list and what it stands for as much as you want... I feel it does help even in its current incarnation. Those that don't believe in it or feel it has no meaning don't have to use it when and if they might need it ;)

During his HOS recommendation:

keep it up laughing boy

zzz

im telling you keep posting. dont stop. your unemployed right? spend you job hunting time posting to me.

That was personal, too. Making fun of me because I am unemployed shows the level of class this guy has. he has tried to make amends privately with me (don't ask) and I refused. I just can't believe he would be sincere in his efforts.

Also, the whole thread was about him and his questionable actions and he tried to turn it around and make it about me. Nuh-uh, that ain't gonna fly. I didn't do anything to raise the ire of the boards by being unemployed.

Again, level of class and sincerity = non-existant, IMHO.

-slym

I am wondering if there is going to be a third list devised that stops HOS/PL people from ever making a sales thread. Period.

I can see this being an actual deterrent than being put on a list where MAYBE a buyer might see the name.

I am wondering if there is going to be a third list devised that stops HOS/PL people from ever making a sales thread. Period.

I can see this being an actual deterrent than being put on a list where MAYBE a buyer might see the name.

It won't stop PM transactions, which seems to be where SC1 is doing most of his "business."

-slym

This has been a very positive few pages but I'm even feeling overwhelmed being alone on one point of view.

No offense intended, but you are alone in your point of view on this.

-slym

I think I speak for everyone when I say I hate when people speak for everyone.

:insane:

-slym

I hate that you just spoke my mind so succinctly.

-slym

We all agree.

-slym

We all agree.

I agree with whomever agreed to agree with who agreed

Now just to make sure I have my timeline correct,

The reason he was nominated in the first place was for changing a deal after someone posted the takeit guy, adding $15 shipping.

Then the stuff about his father came to light during the nomination process. So the boardmember involved (sorry I don't know who it was) didn't nominate him for what people say was his worst transgression.

I agree the situation was handled poorly to say the least.

Moving forward, maybe members who frequent this area should police the conversation, and keep it a discussion, rather than a memefest. So the boardie in question doesn't feel like they're being attacked.

You had the best intentions to support your friend. But he didn't assist you in this effort with his history and actions.

That's where the biggest challenge comes into play here.

:foryou:

What I find interesting is that the warnings mention HOS/PL.

Maybe I'm just arguing symantics, but wouldn't having SC on the PL accomplish the same goal while keeping the integrity of the HOS for the big time offenders?

I'm not sure why you care so much? You obviously can still get your books from him, HoS or not. (shrug)

I still don't know why the poll was started to get him out of the hall? Did I miss the pages of discussions where multiple boardies felt he shouldn't be in the H.O.S.? Or are we just going to start random polls every few weeks to remove everyone from the H.O.S. People say the H.O.S. is a joke, and as long as people buy and sell to those on the list it is. It's also a joke as long as polls are started to remove people from the list when there was no public outcry for the person's removal in the first place.

SolarCadet requested to be in the HOS (or dared us to place him there) and should not be removed until he requests it via an apology.

The reason he was nominated in the first place was for changing a deal after someone posted the takeit guy, adding $15 shipping.

Then the stuff about his father came to light during the nomination process. So the boardmember involved (sorry I don't know who it was) didn't nominate him for what people say was his worst transgression.

He had that transaction that came to light. Then it came up about the other transactions when a board member mentioned how they had let it go.

Then he started his dance-off with everyone recommending him (Caira's mom, Slym's unemployment, etc.).

What I find interesting is that the warnings mention HOS/PL.

Maybe I'm just arguing symantics, but wouldn't having SC on the PL accomplish the same goal while keeping the integrity of the HOS for the big time offenders?

I'm not sure why you care so much? You obviously can still get your books from him, HoS or not. (shrug)

I still don't know why the poll was started to get him out of the hall? Did I miss the pages of discussions where multiple boardies felt he shouldn't be in the H.O.S.? Or are we just going to start random polls every few weeks to remove everyone from the H.O.S. People say the H.O.S. is a joke, and as long as people buy and sell to those on the list it is. It's also a joke as long as polls are started to remove people from the list when there was no public outcry for the person's removal in the first place.

SolarCadet requested to be in the HOS (or dared us to place him there) and should not be removed until he requests it via an apology.

And with about 10 more people with proof he has done good business and certainly changed any doubters that he will not scam or shill anyone

Actually I was the one who put together the poll and nomination. All of the information, including the faking his fathers death was part of my nomination. Let me dig it out and Ill edit this post.

ETA: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7226675#Post7226675

Edited by jaybuck43

Actually I was the one who put together the poll and nomination. All of the information, including the faking his fathers death was part of my nomination. Let me dig it out and Ill edit this post.

doh!

So first Hado says he is dropping it, but then wants to bring it back up. And you go back to keep this going?

I see this not going well.