• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First Doom Patrol and JiM #89 **REDUCED!**

11 posts in this topic

Something has gone terribly wrong with my bank account. It appears to be empty and there's still four days left in the month.....too much month at the end of the money!

lol

Here's the deal, PayPal is preferred, shipping is $9 Priority within the U.S., if you're outside the U.S. we'll work it to exact shipping.

:takeit: trumps everything!

All that being said, here we go!

First up is My Greatest Adventure #80 with the first appearance of the Doom Patrol.

In all honesty, I'm horrible at putting grades on low-end books. So if you think I'm off my rocker, say so and we'll work it out.

I'm going with 4.0 on this one. The biggest obvious defect is the piece missing on the lower right corner. That corner may have been damp at one time as well. It feels like it, but doesn't really show it. Pages are tanning a bit at the edges.

Overstreet says $90 in VG/4.0 I say $75 NOW $65

81851.jpg.9fd5197eeaec5c24a1491a9dcda629fa.jpg

81852.jpg.5f888d0232cde4808819d2b7282ee12e.jpg

And now for Journey Into Mystery #89. It's not a pretty copy, in fact it's been a space holder in my collection for some time. There's the obvious chew at the top edge and a lot of spine wear, particularly at the corners with it almost worn through to a split at the top appx 2 inches down. The pages are cream and still very soft and supple. Still a fair amount of gloss on the cover, but it looks like someone traced Thor at one time as there are indentations all over him following the line work.

How about VG- ? (shrug)

Let's really break it down....how about $125? NOW $85

81854.jpg.68d0590be4ccb8f202e9cf8a293536b8.jpg

81855.jpg.1a5c6cddf11142b543eb28dbf6a5f1e8.jpg

Well, I only collect that book in higher grades but it's a good read. The book retells Thor's Origin. That used to be a big deal in comics. Classic cover, origin issue. Can't go wrong.

(thumbs u

One of Marvel's greatest covers!

Truly.

Unfortunately, while I don't shy from a lower grade, I require the cover to be complete.

But at $100 it should be in any Thor collectors budget as a space filler.

Good luck with sale!