• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Grade" revealed!! .... PGM Avengers #2... Space Phantom !!!.... ;)

28 posts in this topic

I really hate to even throw this out there, but does anyone else think that upper right corner on the front could be trimmed? It looks like it curves inward by the CCA stamp. Or maybe that's an illusion.

It's hard to say from the scan, but I was wondering the same thing. Hoping it's OK and just a slight miscut. :wishluck:

I think it's more of a miswrap, that edge seems to gradually taper inwards up the length of the book.

Doesn't look trimmed but I have a question after observing the back cover spine side. If you open the book up how many spine stress lines can you count from the inside. It's hard to tell on the white background but it appears there could be 10-20 ? If so, that may be why it got the 7.0??

I really hate to even throw this out there, but does anyone else think that upper right corner on the front could be trimmed? It looks like it curves inward by the CCA stamp. Or maybe that's an illusion.

It's hard to say from the scan, but I was wondering the same thing. Hoping it's OK and just a slight miscut. :wishluck:

:eek:

Probably there's just a "twist" in the wrap. The lower right edge hangs out more than the top. And for the record, I have no experience with spotting trimming, which is one reason why I hesitated to even bring it up. That and the fact that I hate to give someone that horrible feeling in their stomach at the very thought of possible resto.

Doesn't look trimmed but I have a question after observing the back cover spine side. If you open the book up how many spine stress lines can you count from the inside. It's hard to tell on the white background but it appears there could be 10-20 ? If so, that may be why it got the 7.0??

Definitely some slight stress along the spine, but 7.0 seems way too harsh.

:eek:

Probably there's just a "twist" in the wrap. The lower right edge hangs out more than the top. And for the record, I have no experience with spotting trimming, which is one reason why I hesitated to even bring it up. That and the fact that I hate to give someone that horrible feeling in their stomach at the very thought of possible resto.

I think the most likely scenario is that it's just fine. But the other point here, of course, is that you are rolling the dice on a PGX book. Of course there are great books in their slabs, and sometimes it makes financial sense to gamble... but know that it is a gamble. 2c

I agree guys.. I hear you, it's a gamble.. Could it be trimmed? Of course!, but likely it's not. It's a risk, and I thought it looked much nicer than a 7.0. Here's hoping! :):wishluck:

:grin:

Did you get it back yet? :D