• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Charity Auction - Preview

312 posts in this topic

A recap on all books posted in this thread - THESE ARE REALLY INCREDIBLE

PLEASE PM ME IF YOU HAVE NOT YET RECEIVED YOUR BLANK SKETCH COVER.

DetroitMike

Photobucket

Shiverbones

Photobucket

Dollarbill

Photobucket

Photobucket

FFComics

Photobucket

Rino

Photobucket

Doctor Svord

Photobucket

JonJesper

Photobucket

Cosmic-Spider-man

Photobucket

Par2ch

Photobucket

LBJARM

Photobucket

Jim Lee fan actually.

And your work looks great already? I love the Ghost! It's very stylish. I've never worked with marker before and truthfully I'm nervous. My hat's off to you for working with it so well! I'd love to have any and all tips you can share.

Thanks man.

The Ghost image is actually a painting. (8 x 9 inches) I had a bit of free time and decided to do some experimenting. It's watercolor, gouache, and india ink on water color paper. You know, it was a "How do you keep an ethereal character light,airy, and readable without having to resort to heavy graphite use?" deal. There's really no middle ground. (If there is, I haven't found it.) It's like using the color red: Either use a whole lot of it, or almost none at all. That's why the india ink is there on the old man. Little bit of this here, how does that play off of that?, ...just goofing around having fun.

Markers? What's there to be nervous about? Just throw them down on the paper and see what happens. If you think you screwed the drawing up (and I screw my drawings up on a regular basis), that's no big deal. If you drew it once, you can draw it a second time, only better. However, keep in mind I haven't used markers in over a decade. But, I really did enjoy the Berol Prismacolors markers. When you're working with those, the clear blending marker is a must have.

I don't know if those are tips, but I hope that helps.

Just so everyone knows, the Ghost painting and the preliminary drawing for the cover are also included in the auction.

And, thanks again Par2ch for doing this charity event. It's very, very cool.

Yeah , the paper seems to have a weird finish. Mind you I work on vellum all day long and love it, pencil and india ink for me. I have had a hard time with colors in my dwgs. I try to stay simple , black, white and gray. Most the time I throw color in it looks like a coloring book when Im done.

Jim Lee fan actually.

And your work looks great already? I love the Ghost! It's very stylish. I've never worked with marker before and truthfully I'm nervous. My hat's off to you for working with it so well! I'd love to have any and all tips you can share.

Thanks man.

The Ghost image is actually a painting. (8 x 9 inches) I had a bit of free time and decided to do some experimenting. It's watercolor, gouache, and india ink on water color paper. You know, it was a "How do you keep an ethereal character light,airy, and readable without having to resort to heavy graphite use?" deal. There's really no middle ground. (If there is, I haven't found it.) It's like using the color red: Either use a whole lot of it, or almost none at all. That's why the india ink is there on the old man. Little bit of this here, how does that play off of that?, ...just goofing around having fun.

Markers? What's there to be nervous about? Just throw them down on the paper and see what happens. If you think you screwed the drawing up (and I screw my drawings up on a regular basis), that's no big deal. If you drew it once, you can draw it a second time, only better. However, keep in mind I haven't used markers in over a decade. But, I really did enjoy the Berol Prismacolors markers. When you're working with those, the clear blending marker is a must have.

I don't know if those are tips, but I hope that helps.

Just so everyone knows, the Ghost painting and the preliminary drawing for the cover are also included in the auction.

And, thanks again Par2ch for doing this charity event. It's very, very cool.

A painting!! Duh! (smacks self on forehead)

I suppose I'll just use a variety of media. I got a bunch of stuff here since my wife has a BA in fine art and a bunch of supplies.

Simply incredible, I really really like it and using every page as a sketchbook (which was the intention of doing the book this way at the show so that those that didnt bring a sketch book could use this) is just unreal

I just looked through the book you sent me and there are no other blank pages in it!! :cry: