• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is keeping PGX in business?

53 posts in this topic

I use both PGX and CGC for my books. And in all honesty I make a bigger profit when I sell a PGX graded one. A lot has to do with the cost of grading. Much less money to have grading done by PGX. The only bad thing I see using PGX is that there are a lot less collectors willing to buy a PGX book. But that has not stopped me from selling any. I still have people buying them anyway. And like I said before, I make a profit. Since all my comics are originally bought by me I don't worry about the "restoration check". Seems kind of pointless when you know you have un-touched comics. For a lot of my key issues I use CGC mostly because I know collectors are gonna jump on them no matter what and I'll see a much bigger profit. But as far as regular old comics I use PGX. So for me both companies are fine.

You should read the thread where somebody bought a book off the rack and it came back a PLOD.

Who cares about CGC and PGX, we have MCS now doh!

Seriously though, PGX can kiss my *spoon*. Twice.

hulk1813.JPG

I checked his site out and this guy lives in my state about thirty or forty minutes away. lol

Think I'll have to take that GD- Rom number 1 to him and see what he can do with it. Then I can sub it to PGX and get an unrestored platinum mint out of it. :whistle:

Seriously, when it comes down to realized prices for books, PGX cannot compete with CGC. You might save some money on slabbing, but it will likely cost you more in the end. 2c

Who cares about CGC and PGX, we have MCS now doh!

Seriously though, PGX can kiss my *spoon*. Twice.

hulk1813.JPG

I checked his site out and this guy lives in my state about thirty or forty minutes away. lol

Think I'll have to take that GD- Rom number 1 to him and see what he can do with it. Then I can sub it to PGX and get an unrestored platinum mint out of it. :whistle:

:roflmao:

Seriously, he loves to work on keys. He can turm a .5 into an 8.0 meh

You know how they are in Oregon. Surprised that didn't have a Modern Marvel stamp glued in the middle. Or better yet, a DC stamp. :baiting:

Which one you want in the next Hulk 181 he works on?

marvel_comics_postage_stamp.jpg

dc_comics_postage_stamps.jpg

You know how they are in Oregon. Surprised that didn't have a Modern Marvel stamp glued in the middle. Or better yet, a DC stamp. :baiting:

Which one you want in the next Hulk 181 he works on?

No Rom stamp (shrug)

The cost of slabbing with PGX is alot cheaper then CGC and in this economy people for the most part will lean towards the cheaper option. While PGX has there scams and scandals CGC is not perfect either, so someone comes here for the first time and see the trimmed books CGC missed, or some other issue they just move on.

Another problem I have with 3rd party graders is that they are supposed to be neutral with no vested interest, so why is it some books are graded by there perceived market value?

they are not graded based on perceived value, there is a higher cost, we have been told, for the insurance costs associated with the higher value book ...not sure if that is a valid explaination or not, but I believe that is what i was told (shrug)

If CGC is willing to grade my books up one or two higher to charge me more I am all for it since I will make more in the end anyway (note to CGC - I can send payment today if you can squeeze the GL #76 I have in with you right now up to a 9.4 :wishluck:). lol

No Rom stamp (shrug)

He checked and what he'll have to do is cut the middle out of this cover and glue it in. Nobody will know.

rom31.jpg

If he's really, really good then he can take some panels out of Rom 1 and seamlessly integrate them into the Hulk 181 story producing an amazing battle where Hulk, Wendigo, Wolverine, and Rom participate in bloody, Neutralizer filled brawl for all. :sumo:

Rom-1.jpg

No Rom stamp (shrug)

He checked and what he'll have to do is cut the middle out of this cover and glue it in. Nobody will know.

rom31.jpg

If he's really, really good then he can take some panels out of Rom 1 and seamlessly integrate them into the Hulk 181 story producing an amazing battle where Hulk, Wendigo, Wolverine, and Rom participate in bloody, Neutralizer filled brawl for all. :sumo:

Rom-1.jpg

That book is Fabulous

No Rom stamp (shrug)

Rom-1.jpg

That book is Fabulous

Mike! Ready for some brew in San Diego? :grin:

No Rom stamp (shrug)

Rom-1.jpg

That book is Fabulous

Mike! Ready for some brew in San Diego? :grin:

Oh yea. You still only gonna be there one day? I'll pm you my # maybe we can link up