• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is Neil Gaiman's most IMPORTANT copper age issue?

43 posts in this topic

Hard to say--I'd have to go with Sandman # 1 for "important" since that started the series, but favorite individual issues? I think # 8 (great self-contained story!),

I think # 10 (the one with the immortal whom he meets every 100 years),

# 19 ("Midsummer Night's Dream")--since it was the first comic to win that literary Sci Fi award, thereafter they changed the rules so that no other comics could win. Great story, and brought great attention to comics from folks who otherwise never read them,

# 30 ("August") sort of a mini "Death Takes a Holiday" with Augustus Caesar, with the implication that he only won the throne by allowing his uncle Julius to rape him repeatedly as a child.

# 38--self-contained, first one I ever read, where the grandpa tells his daughter the bedtime story, only to infer at the end that he was the subject of the story told,

# 50--particularly with its indictment of the first Iraq war.

PLAESE put up A spoiler alert! I haven't gotten that far with sandman! :cry: