• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shark's Endless Mixed Age Sales Thread

173 posts in this topic

Starting today, I will be having an "endless" sales thread in the Mixed Age Threads section.

There will be Marvels, DC's, Atlas, Charltons, Dells, Gold Keys, Harveys, Image, Whitmans....you name it, it will be in here eventually. There will be both raw and slabs but mostly raw stuff. Anything from low grade to high grade. Some will be main collection copies while others will be duplicate issues. Considering that I just lost my day job and will be having carpal tunnel surgery twice in the next 2 months, I'll have plenty of time to list stuff on a daily basis.

Why am I having this sale now?

1) My engineering job just ended on June 26th and I now have plenty of time to do something like this. :/

2) I really need to pare down my collection anyway. :makepoint:

3) I need to pick up the pace at which I'm paying a board member for an AF #15 that I agreed to purchase earlier this year. :wishluck:

4) I really would like to avoid all of the associated fees if I listed these on eBay. :sick:

5) I really, really, really would like to go to Wizard World Chicago. :cloud9:

6) I have nothing better to do now. lol

:takeit: gets priority over PM's and I am more than willing to listen to reasonable offers.

Shipping

Up to 5 raw comics via USPS Priority Mail Envelope = $5.00 (USA only)

Up to 40 raw comics via USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Box = $10.00 (USA only)

Up to 3 CGC graded comics via USPS Priority Mail Box = $9.00 (USA only)

Up to 5 raw comics via USPS Priority Mail Envelope = $10.00 (Canada only)

Up to 40 raw comics via USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Box = $25.00 (Canada only)

Up to 3 CGC graded comics via First Class Mail International (box) = $15.00 (Canada only)

Up to 5 raw comics via USPS Priority Mail Envelope = $13.00 (International only)

Up to 40 raw comics via USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Box = $39.00 (International only)

Up to 3 CGC graded comics via First Class Mail International (box) = $25.00 (all other international locations)

I will try to list as many of the major flaws with a book that I can see. I might miss something here or there but will definitely note such flaws as spine splits, creases, tape, detached covers/centerfolds and any missing pieces or pages. I'll be showing front cover scans only, but if you want a back cover scan on a particular book just let me know.

I will gladly refund the purchase price of any comic you buy that you're not happy with. I consider myself a much better high-grade grader than a low-grade grader, so if you consider a book a lower grade than what I state and you want it, then PM me and explain your reasons why you believe it to be a lower grade. I just might agree with you. :)

If you think you'll be buying books over a longer time period just let me know and I'll keep what you buy separated for you. I don't plan on pressuring anybody for immediate payment unless it's been a couple of weeks since you posted an :takeit:.

I'll begin listing books shortly and hopefully will be listing books in this same thread for at least the next few months or until I land another day job. (thumbs u

Mike

I'll start out with some older lower grade Superman issues but you never know what I'll be listing next.

th_Superman160.jpgth_Superman161.jpgth_Superman162.jpgth_Superman163.jpgth_Superman164.jpg

Superman #160 (1963) FR 1.0 $3.00

Spine is completely split. Centerfold is detached at both staples. No missing pages or cutouts.

Superman #161 (1963) GD/VG 3.0 $6.00

Both cover and centerfold are detached at bottom staple. No missing pages or cutouts. 2 small chips along top edge of back cover.

Superman #162 (1963) GD- 1.8 $5.00

Cover is detached at bottom staple and is barely attached to top staple. Spine splits along spine. No missing pages or cutouts.

Superman #163 (1963) GD/VG 3.0 $6.00

Cover detached at bottom staple, 3/4" spine split at bottom corner. Small stain spot on back cover. No missing pages or cutouts.

Superman #164 (1963) GD/VG 3.0 $6.00

Cover detached at bottom staple, 1-1/4" spine split at bottom corner. Water stain at bottom of back cover. No missing pages or cutouts.

th_Superman107.jpgth_Superman132.jpgth_Superman134.jpgth_Superman139.jpg

Superman #107 (1956) FR 1.0 $10.00

Spine is almost completely split but is still attached at bottom staple. Centerfold is loose at both staples. Water stain along spine from middle of comic to top corner on both front and back covers. No missing pages or cutouts.

Superman #132 (1959) FR 1.0 $5.00

Both staples are attached to main body of comic but cover is detached at bottom staple. Both staples are rusty. Major color loss at top of front cover. Fairly extensive color loss on back cover. No missing pages or cutouts.

Superman #134 (1960) VG 4.0 $30.00

Both staples are attached to cover and main body of comic. Short color breaking creases and light wear along bottom edge of front cover. Nice clean back cover except for a non-color breaking crease at the top left corner. No missing pages or cutouts.

Superman #139 (1960) GD- 1.8 $10.00

Both staples are attached to cover and main body of comic. 1" tear at top of top staple and color breaking crease at bottom right corner of front cover. Back cover has a short tear along bottom edge, short tear at top of top staple and a 2" triangular chunk missing from the cover at the top left corner. No missing pages or cutouts. Nice solid comic overall.

th_Superman143.jpgth_Superman146.jpgth_Superman147.jpgth_Superman148.jpg

Superman #143 (1961) VG- 3.5 $20.00

Both staples are firmly attached to cover and main body of comic. Spine is split for 1/2" at bottom corner. Non-color breaking crease at bottom right corner and light wear along bottom edge of front cover. Nice clean back cover but has a couple of tiny tears along left edge. No missing pages or cutouts.

Superman #146 (1961) GD- 1.8 $15.00

Both staples are attached to cover and main body of comic. Spine is covered with tape for entire length. Multiple short tears along right edge of front cover. Back cover has short tears along bottom edge and a piece of tape at middle of back cover. No missing pages or cutouts.

Superman #147 (1961) VG- 3.5 $30.00 1st Legion of Super-Villains

Both staples are firmly attached to cover and main body of comic but centerfold is detached. Light wear at bottom right corner of front cover. Nice clean back cover but has a couple of tiny tears along top edge and a 1/2" triangular chip at the bottom left corner. No missing pages or cutouts.

Superman #148 (1961) VG- 3.5 $20.00

Both staples are firmly attached to cover and main body of comic. Stress marks along spine, light water stain at top right corner and short color breaking crease at bottom right corner of front cover. Back cover has a 1/2" tear along top edge, 4 tiny tears along bottom edge and a crease at the bottom left corner. No missing pages or cutouts.

th_Superman149.jpgth_Superman150.jpgth_Superman151.jpgth_Superman154.jpg

Superman #149 (1961) VG/FN 5.0 $40.00

Both staples are firmly attached to cover and main body of comic. Slight spine roll, tiny chip at bottom of spine. Small stain above Superman's left foot on front cover. Back cover has a 1/4" tear along top edge and a 1/2" tear at center of spine. No missing pages or cutouts. Nice solid comic.

Superman #150 (1962) GD/VG 3.0 $8.00

Both staples are firmly attached to cover and main body of comic but centerfold is detached at the bottom staple only. Spine is split 1/2" at bottom corner. Light color loss at top right corner and long crease at bottom right corner of front cover. Back cover has a few tiny tears along the perimeter and a small stain along bottom edge. No missing pages or cutouts.

Superman #151 (1962) VG- 3.5 $10.00

Both staples are firmly attached to cover and main body of comic but centerfold is detached at bottom staple only. Stress marks along spine and short crease at bottom right corner of front cover that just breaks color. Back cover has short tears at top of both staples and at bottom right corner. No missing pages or cutouts.

Superman #154 (1962) VG/FN 5.0 $15.00

Both staples are firmly attached to cover and main body of comic. Short color breaking creases at both outside corners and "5-17" written in grease pencil at top left corner of front cover. Nice clean back cover. No missing pages or cutouts. Nice solid comic.

Last of the Supermans for now. I'll have more later in the thread.

th_Superman155.jpgth_Superman157.jpgth_Superman159.jpg

Superman #155 (1962) GD+ 2.5 $6.00

Both staples are firmly attached to cover and main body of comic. Spine is split 1/2" at bottom corner and has multiple short spine tears. Short color breaking creases at both outside corners and a 1/2" tear at top left corner of front cover that goes through entire comic. Back cover also has a few short tears along the spine. No missing pages or cutouts.

Superman #157 (1962) FR 1.0 $3.00

Both staples are attached to main body of comic but cover is detached at bottom staple and centerfold is detached at both staples. Spine is split from the bottom corner to about 2" below the top staple. Piece of tape at the upper left corner on the front cover. 3/4" square piece missing at upper left corner and small chip at upper right corner of back cover. No missing pages or cutouts.

Superman #159 (1963) VG- 3.5 $10.00

Both staples are firmly attached to cover and main body of comic. Spine is split about 2" between the top and bottom staples. Nice clean front cover except for 3 creases at bottom right corner. "9.00" written in pencil at top left corner of back cover and 2 short tears at spine split. No missing pages or cutouts.

th_Sold.jpgth_Sold.jpgth_DetectiveComics383FN-VF.jpgth_DetectiveComics384VF.jpg

Detective Comics #378 (1968) FN/VF 7.0 $15.00 SOLD

Both staples are firmly attached to cover and main body of comic. No missing pages or cutouts. Short non-color breaking crease at top left corner and tiny corner chip at bottom left corner of back cover. Very nice comic for its age.

Detective Comics #381 (1968) VF 8.0 $22.00 SOLD

Both staples are firmly attached to cover and main body of comic. No missing pages or cutouts. A few spine ticks on front cover. Short non-color breaking crease at top left corner of back cover. VERY NICE comic for its age.

Detective Comics #383 (1969) FN/VF 7.0 $15.00

Both staples are firmly attached to cover and main body of comic. No missing pages or cutouts. Short non-color breaking crease at top left corner of front cover. Light tanning around perimeter of back cover. Very nice comic for its age.

Detective Comics #384 (1969) VF 8.0 $22.00

Both staples are firmly attached to cover and main body of comic. No missing pages or cutouts. 2 tiny spine ticks at upper staple and tiny color breaking crease at bottom right corner on front cover. Short non-color breaking crease at top left corner of back cover. VERY NICE comic for its age.

Heading out for awhile. Wife and I are going to see the new Ice Age movie then do some grocery shopping. I'll start listing again late this afternoon.

th_DetectiveComics428VG.jpgth_DetectiveComics430FN-VF.jpgth_DetectiveComics432FN.jpgth_DetectiveComics434VG.jpg

Detective Comics #428 (1972) VG+ 4.5 $4.00

Both staples are firmly attached to both cover and to main body of comic. Short stress marks along spine and short color breaking crease at upper right corner of front cover. Two short tears along left edge and date stamp at top right corner of back cover. No missing pages or cutouts.

Detective Comics #430 (1972) FN+ 6.5 $5.00

Both staples are firmly attached to cover and main body of comic. Short stress marks along spine and short color breaking crease at bottom right corner of front cover. Very light soiling on back cover. No missing pages or cutouts.

Detective Comics #432 (1973) FN+ 6.5 $5.00

Both staples are firmly attached to cover and main body of comic. Short stress marks along spine and tiny chip at bottom right corner of front cover. Very light soiling on back cover. No missing pages or cutouts.

Detective Comics #434 (1973) VG+ 4.5 $4.00

Both staples are firmly attached to cover and to main body of comic. Short stress marks along spine and short color breaking crease at top right corner of front cover. Two short tears on left edge of back cover. No missing pages or cutouts.

Detective Comics #378 (1968) FN/VF 7.0 $15.00

:takeit:

Per PM. Thanks!

Thanks for popping the cherry on this thread. :banana:

I'll send ya a freebie just for being the first to buy. (thumbs u

th_DetectiveComics435FN-VF.jpgth_DetectiveComics436FN-.jpgth_DetectiveComics439VG-FN.jpg

Detective Comics #435 (1973) FN/VF 7.0 $6.00

Both staples are firmly attached to cover and main body of comic. A few short spine ticks and a short crease at bottom right corner of front cover that just breaks color. Very light soiling on back cover. No missing pages or cutouts.

Detective Comics #436 (1973) FN- $4.00

Both staples are firmly attached to cover and to main body of comic. Short color breaking crease at bottom right corner of front cover. Tiny crease at top left corner and small chip at bottom left corner of back cover. No missing pages or cutouts.

Detective Comics #439 (1974) VG/FN 5.0 $7.00

Both staples are firmly attached to cover and main body of comic. Tiny split at bottom of spine. Short color breaking creases at both outside corners of front cover. Short crease at bottom left corner of back cover. No missing pages or cutouts.

th_X-Men198NM-.jpgth_X-Men199NM-.jpgth_X-Men200NM-.jpgth_X-Men207NM-.jpg

Uncanny X-Men #198 (1985) 9.2/9.4 $5.00 each (7 copies available)

Uncanny X-Men #199 (1985) 9.2/9.4 $5.00 each (9 copies available)

Uncanny X-Men #200 (1985) 9.2/9.4 $5.00 each (4 copies available, 1 SOLD)

Uncanny X-Men #207 (1986) 9.2/9.4 $5.00 each (5 copies available, 1 SOLD)

All of these copies are almost perfect unread stock with white pages except they have either a slight corner bend, a small finger bend or a spine tick. If they were pressed I wouldn't be surprised if some of these turned into 9.8's. Most of the copies I've submitted raw (no pressing) straight to CGC have come back 9.6's or 9.8's.

th_X-Men218NM-.jpgth_X-Men219NM-.jpgth_X-Men221NM-.jpgth_X-Men234NM-.jpg

Uncanny X-Men #218 (1987) 9.2/9.4 $5.00 each (17 copies available)

Uncanny X-Men #219 (1987) 9.2/9.4 $5.00 each (12 copies available)

Uncanny X-Men #221 (1987) 9.2/9.4 $5.00 each (16 copies available, 1 SOLD)

Uncanny X-Men #234 (1988) 9.2/9.4 $5.00 each (4 copies available)

All of these copies are almost perfect unread stock with white pages except they have either a slight corner bend, a small finger bend or a spine tick. If they were pressed I wouldn't be surprised if some of these turned into 9.8's. Most of the copies I've submitted raw (no pressing) straight to CGC have come back 9.6's or 9.8's.