• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Well "theliquorman" went dry this time.

32 posts in this topic

Was watching a WBN 32, but just could not place a bid with the $8 shipping charge, which did include insurance. However, 2-3 priority box is free, and (1) comic is $3.85 to ship with insurance on $62=$6.45. I send him an email, about my interest in the book, would he take $6.45 for shipping. He emails me back-shouting at the end(lower case blah blah then I SALE TO DEALERS AND PRIVATE COLLECTORS,AND THEY SEEM TO LIKE MY PRICES-I SUGGEST YOU DON"T BID), well, know one bid. Also, said that packing supplies don't grow on tress blah blah. Just might email him back and let him know that MONEY doesn't either, adjust your shipping and you just might sale a few comics and increase that big (4) feedback rating you got there. 27_laughing.gif

I always figure in the shipping price when calculating my max bid on a book...if I win at that price then that's cool...and if I can negotiate a cheaper shipping price after...well, that's cool too... thumbsup2.gif

Ya hes smoking glue with some of those prices, musta listed on free listing day. You think that dealers would list a tonne of stuff at reasonable prices. Just goes to show you human nature they list stuff at inflated starters, cause they can and hope to rope a sucker. Personally I dont buy the week after free listing day. Too many insufficiently_thoughtful_persons posting books - present bord members in good standing are exempt from this remark............. makepoint.gif

Was watching a WBN 32, but just could not place a bid with the $8 shipping charge, which did include insurance. However, 2-3 priority box is free, and (1) comic is $3.85 to ship with insurance on $62=$6.45. I send him an email, about my interest in the book, would he take $6.45 for shipping. He emails me back-shouting at the end(lower case blah blah then I SALE TO DEALERS AND PRIVATE COLLECTORS,AND THEY SEEM TO LIKE MY PRICES-I SUGGEST YOU DON"T BID), well, know one bid. Also, said that packing supplies don't grow on tress blah blah. Just might email him back and let him know that MONEY doesn't either, adjust your shipping and you just might sale a few comics and increase that big (4) feedback rating you got there. 27_laughing.gif

sign-rantpost.gif So let me get this straight. You are being a [!@#%^&^] about $1.55? You've got to be [!@#%^&^] kidding. He's sending it in a box and insuring it, so he has to go to the post office to do it. What's your zip code? I'll bet the shipping from him to you isn't $3.85, because a box isn't a flat rate. Please. $1.55 handling is too much for you? Give me a break.

UH-OH! 893whatthe.gifflashbacks to the "rant" thread. foreheadslap.gif

I'm just sick and tired of people person_without_enough_empathying about shipping costs where they are NOT out of line. Please. $1.55 is NOT "profiteering" on anything. Currin - what's your paypal account. I'll SEND you the [!@#%^&^] $1.55.

UH-OH! 893whatthe.gifflashbacks to the "rant" thread. foreheadslap.gif

I'm just sick and tired of people person_without_enough_empathying about shipping "profiteers". Please. $1.55 is NOT "profiteering" on anything. Currin - what's your paypal account. I'll SEND you the [!@#%^&^] $1.55.

Can you knock off that amount from my bill instead? BTW...what is the shipping? I didn't bother reading the listing! tongue.gif

For you, my Canuck friend, EXACT shipping, I, however, have no idea, as the book is heavy and will be in a WELL PROTECTED BOX - my costly error from this summer has shown me the LIGHT.

For you, my Canuck friend, EXACT shipping, I, however, have no idea, as the book is heavy and will be in a WELL PROTECTED BOX - my costly error from this summer has shown me the LIGHT.
thumbsup2.gif

sign-rantpost.gif So let me get this straight. You are being a [!@#%^&^] about $1.55? You've got to be [!@#%^&^] kidding. He's sending it in a box and insuring it, so he has to go to the post office to do it. What's your zip code? I'll bet the shipping from him to you isn't $3.85, because a box isn't a flat rate. Please. $1.55 handling is too much for you? Give me a break.

The proof is in the pudding, so they say, I live in North Carolina, and as much money as I spend on shipping a year-yeah, that $1.55 does add up. 357024-Image073.jpg

357024-Image073.jpg.23bd26e971094507ba9f2a5ba4d86198.jpg

You said "shipping is not $3.85" check your own post, as you can see it is, and I don't always insure if the feedback mentions quality shipping, plus insurance has nothing to do with changing the flat rate-so my zip $3.85 from midway and across the entire country. Peace CC. thumbsup2.gif