• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's it like owning/running a comic store?

26 posts in this topic

I caught a shoplifter at a local comicon who took my 1st app. of Jason Todd hot Robin /Detect issue. The promoter called his parents to pick him up from the con & I'm sure he got a good scolding on the Evils of comics leading to his impure thoughts. devil.gif

Thanks, poverty, I appreciate that. I'm curious, though why do you say "NOW I know why a single 1-star rating was given"? Was it my post in the comic broker thread?

thumbsup2.gif You got it. You never know how someone will react.

Now have I told you about owning a car in San Francisco? blush.gif

You got it. You never know how someone will react.
Eh, no biggie. I was surprised at the reaction, but people can do what they want with their money. I personally don't see the point of paying someone else to do it. The hunt is half the fun! But I won't apologize for having an opinion on the subject.

Well, you'd gotten off to a good start...please continue. smile.gif

Well, you'd gotten off to a good start...please continue. smile.gif

Be careful asking Codger-Man for a story...

They frequently wind up like those "jokes" your 6-year-old nephew Billy tries to tell... you know, the ones where halfway through Billy suddenly says "Oh wait, I forgot something, lemme start over"... smile.gif

They frequently wind up like those "jokes" your 6-year-old nephew Billy tries to tell

Actually that reminds me of a story. Seems the owner of a comic shop was approached by a comic book with a lot of collectors and .... ummm ... hold it a sec....