• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Someone asked me "Are were in a comic bubble"

I believe we are in the 3rd inning and have a lot more room to rise (golden age and silver age quality material and high end) till this "bubble burst". Below are seven signs if we a in a comic bubble.

1) almost everyone you know talks about the rise of comics

I don't think it has to become a mainstream phenomenon for a bubble to happen. The narrower the asset class, the narrower the buy-in has to be.

2) many people begin to flip comics for a quick profit

We're already there.

3) many people spending their life savings and are cashing in their 401k to buy comics (I'm sure some of you out there have done this)

I don't know specifically about these types of actions, but there do seem to be some heavily indebted collectors, including on these boards.

4) it's not about collecting anymore, but it's about making money

We're already there.

5) restored comics are rising rapidly too

Why? ???

6)five to ten comic related movies are made in one year.

Again, this seems to be pretty arbitrary criteria and is influenced by factors that have nothing to do with demand for back issues, such as studio budget tightening and lack of financing for new projects. In any event, we're probably pretty close already. Not every comic-related movie involves Marvel or DC mainstream characters.

7)single comic sold for a million dollar

There are several comics that could, they're just not for sale. But I agree that a headline number like this could accelerate the mania.

8)more single comics reaching $500,000-1,000000 in auction house

Again, it takes 2 to tango, and the people who own books capable of reaching these figures ain't selling.

9)Showcase 22 9.0 reaches $200000 (I add this one in just because I love SC22 so much)

How about.

10) when tth2 thinks the market is too pricey and unloads. :baiting:

He did that 2 years ago?

Really? I joined the boards in August this year, but have been collecting a while.

He still has a few bits and pieces left, but nothing much to get excited about. zzz

:jokealert:

Edited by kimik

He did that 2 years ago?

Really? I joined the boards in August this year, but have been collecting a while.

He still has a few bits and pieces left, but nothing much to get excited about. zzz

:jokealert:

That BB28 is a winner for the long haul. That's at least 100K book in my estimate.

How about.

10) when tth2 thinks the market is too pricey and unloads. :baiting:

If that`s the case, I`ve got some bad news for you...

Okay...what's the bad news ???

As 1koko indicated, I started unloading 3 years ago, and the process is ongoing.

Wake up GL sleepy heads.

Hal never sleeps...heck, it's 4:40 am in Ark, USA...

Good morning. Hey, did you know there is a street name Green Lantern lane in Missouri?

Here's the latest news on comicpriceguide.com

http://www.comicspriceguide.com/blog/post/2009/11/25/Showcase-22-CGC-65-Sells-For-245000-on-eBay.aspx

Edited by showcase22gr1959