• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

Nice 24

The PQ is less than ideal though.

the cover exhibits no characteristics of a book with light tan pages (if that makes any sense)

such as hm

That back cover is very White...and no tell tale signs of interior cover tanning showing thru either cover...

They may actually have nothing to do with one another,i just picture a book with low quality "Tan" pages having other "tanning problems" with the book....

Nice 24

the cover exhibits no characteristics of a book with light tan pages (if that makes any sense)

such as hm

That back cover is very White...and no tell tale signs of interior cover tanning showing thru either cover...

They may actually have nothing to do with one another,i just picture a book with low quality "Tan" pages having other "tanning problems" with the book....

Perhaps the 9.0 may be a PQ upgrade candidate via a review by CGC? (It is after all, an old label)

But that, as has been discussed, carries certain risks.

Nice 24

such as hm

Perhaps the 9.0 may be a PQ upgrade candidate via a review by CGC? (It is after all, an old label)

hm

Not only "Old Label",but graded 1/2000 in the first months CGC was open....the first books slabbed a month or so prior for dealers had NO PQ on them....

Something to think about.... hm

Nice 24

such as hm

hm

Not only "Old Label",but graded 1/2000 in the first months CGC was open....the first books slabbed a month or so prior for dealers had NO PQ on them....

Now...if someone can get an even better scan or willing to take a risk for a ow pager.

Nice 24

such as hm

hm

Now...if someone can get an even better scan or willing to take a risk for a ow pager.

You could always throw up a bid ;)

I am so bad :devil:

Nice 24

such as hm

hm

You could always throw up a bid ;) I am so bad :devil:

That's true...then I'll be buying the book not the label. hm

Nice 24

such as hm

+1

I wonder who owns this copy. hm

Good question....

Who bought the clink "Four Color" 24? Did the 22,23,24 all sell to the same person? I don't know much about that Clink sale...

I don't know, but it was mentioned here before that a high grade DC collector. I would love to see a better scan of the SC24 9.0 on CL right now. If the seller can provide another scan which is not the original scan from the Ebay...then maybe we all can determine a bit better. For now, I will presume the book has weak PQ.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

I wonder who owns this copy. hm

Good question....

Who bought the clink "Four Color" 24? Did the 22,23,24 all sell to the same person? I don't know much about that Clink sale...

I don't know, but it was mentioned here before that a high grade DC collector. I would love to see a better scan of the SC24 9.0 on CL right now. If the seller can provide another scan which is not the original scan from the Ebay...then maybe we all can determine a bit better. For now, I will presume the book has weak PQ.

There is a Scan on that listing..below the pictures.