• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

I wonder who owns this copy. hm

Good question....

Who bought the clink "Four Color" 24? Did the 22,23,24 all sell to the same person? I don't know much about that Clink sale...

I don't know, but it was mentioned here before that a high grade DC collector. I would love to see a better scan of the SC24 9.0 on CL right now. If the seller can provide another scan which is not the original scan from the Ebay...then maybe we all can determine a bit better. For now, I will presume the book has weak PQ.

There is a Scan on that listing..below the pictures.

I meant besides those scans and the bottom scans is very blurry.

Good question....

Who bought the clink "Four Color" 24? Did the 22,23,24 all sell to the same person? I don't know much about that Clink sale...

I don't know, but it was mentioned here before that a high grade DC collector. I would love to see a better scan of the SC24 9.0 on CL right now. If the seller can provide another scan which is not the original scan from the Ebay...then maybe we all can determine a bit better. For now, I will presume the book has weak PQ.

Yea..i agree.Not the best scan.

On a side note,I just bought a 22 on ebay.... :banana:

I've been looking for another affordable copy...

It was just listed....i had to do it..impulse buy.... lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=220713399391&si=KnP2IfzNP%252FyZ9n5xYyr9dwGEQPY%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Good question....

Yea..i agree.Not the best scan.

On a side note,I just bought a 22 on ebay.... :banana:

I've been looking for another affordable copy...

It was just listed....i had to do it..impulse buy.... lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=220713399391&si=KnP2IfzNP%252FyZ9n5xYyr9dwGEQPY%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Looks like the seller priced it at guide. Great score! Hey, if you didn't buy it, someone else would have. :applause:

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Not much expertise for me in this area....but as scarce as 9.0 GL Showcases are, $2250 seems like wholesale. Wow...I had no idea they were that cheap. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Not much expertise for me in this area....but as scarce as 9.0 GL Showcases are, $2250 seems like wholesale. Wow...I had no idea they were that cheap. GOD BLESS...

It sold cheap,was listed at Overstreet 9.0 area.($2166 in 39th and $2479 in 40th)

Book was listed with a very underpriced "buy-it-now" from a "collectibles dealer",not regularly a comic seller.It was up for only about 11 hours from when it was in the GPA "items listed" area as "NEW"...

Edited by kryptospidey

That SC 24 listed on Clink today sure is sweet. I wonder how long that will last ?. GOD BLESS...

Book was actually listed Friday,but was edited recently with new pictures,and a lower price,so it must have posted in the "New Featured Listings" again with the edit.

Definitely new pictures today up.

That SC 24 listed on Clink today sure is sweet. I wonder how long that will last ?. GOD BLESS...

Book was actually listed Friday,but was edited recently with new pictures,and a lower price,so it must have posted in the "New Featured Listings" again with the edit.

Looks like the old pictures bloated up. (shrug)

Ok, but don't tell the Marvel guys. They'll want it too.

Somethings different,don't think there was a back cover scan before.

Hey, I'm a Marvel guy. lol

Hey, I'm a Marvel guy. lol

me some too :gossip:

Somethings different,don't think there was a back cover scan before.

The scans are still blurry. :P some improvements.

It sold cheap,was listed at Overstreet 9.0 area.($2166 in 39th and $2479 in 40th)

Book was listed with a very underpriced "buy-it-now" from a "collectibles dealer",not regularly a comic seller.It was up for only about 11 hours from when it was in the GPA "items listed" area as "NEW"...

thanks. savvy buy, but originally listing it for $9k on clink seems piggish.

thanks. savvy buy, but originally listing it for $9k on clink seems piggish.

Maybe,but I guess that's the best part about "make an offer".

Who knows,if the book had better page quality,i'm sure it would have already sold north of $5k or $6k or more....

If you look at value's of the other 3rd apperances...showcase 13 for flash,and b&b 30 for JLA,all also have similar low upper census #'s and all have 9.0 sales much,much higher from years ago ...with no recent Gpa either.

It's a scarce book,and it may be years before another anywhere close in grade is even available....if ever.

Funny thing is,Gpa for Sh 22's,even with Lt pages,isn't far off from current market values,maybe a couple hundred dollars or so.Makes me wonder why the 24 with LT pages seems like it has the plague when its Highest Graded?