• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Becoming a Slab collector....What is slab worthy?

23 posts in this topic

Im a huge Mike Grell fan and in particular of The Warlord. Having been a raw book collector for so long I am thinking of focusing my activities on creating a HG slab run of the Warlord.

How does one go about hunting down the HG copies. Is it truly just hitting the boxes and getting lucky? Ebay?

Any tips as I dive into this would be appreciated.

I held off for a little bit after just getting back into comics a few years ago. Once you get the bug on books you have always wanted preserved, you'll be hooked.

And just to show I get your focus:

1stiss8_CGC.jpg

BTW, Jduran1 had a raw copy for the longest time that when we talked about it he mentioned "it may do okay if I submit it to CGC." Well, he finally submitted a few months ago, and it came back a CGC 9.8 White Pages. :o

Let's just say it turned into a bidding war amongst some top Bronze Age collectors since there are only 4 out of 115 in the census at this grade.

Wow, collectors with good sense and good taste are coming out of the woodwork! :applause:

Now knock off hoarding the good stuff! :sumo:

Im a huge Mike Grell fan and in particular of The Warlord. Having been a raw book collector for so long I am thinking of focusing my activities on creating a HG slab run of the Warlord.

How does one go about hunting down the HG copies. Is it truly just hitting the boxes and getting lucky? Ebay?

Any tips as I dive into this would be appreciated.

I held off for a little bit after just getting back into comics a few years ago. Once you get the bug on books you have always wanted preserved, you'll be hooked.

And just to show I get your focus:

BTW, Jduran1 had a raw copy for the longest time that when we talked about it he mentioned "it may do okay if I submit it to CGC." Well, he finally submitted a few months ago, and it came back a CGC 9.8 White Pages. :o

Let's just say it turned into a bidding war amongst some top Bronze Age collectors since there are only 4 out of 115 in the census at this grade.

Wow, collectors with good sense and good taste are coming out of the woodwork! :applause:

Now knock off hoarding the good stuff! :sumo:

Wayne! How the heck are ya?

It's sellers like you that keep feeding us these high-grade books, so go look in the mirror. :baiting:

See, if I had the chance to pick up Warlord instead of Arion back in the day, I might be a DC fan instead of a guy with an X-logo tattooed on his shoulder.

That comic looks like it rocks!

-slym

Pics!

Oh, man... my arm is pathetic right now, and the tat is old and needs re-colouring.

BUT - I guess I need to show proof. Let me try to take a pic of my own arm.....

-slym