• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your Dell Giants

76 posts in this topic

What a cool story.

On another OT slant:

What is the general market for these in F to VF. A local dealer has a couple of short boxes full. I just don't think they move unless they're heavily discounted off guide or if they're VF or better. Any estimates on % of Guide?

People know I'm a Four Color or Duck guy so they always let me know about Dell Giants they have. My response is always the same, "I don't want to get started down that road." But looking at some of these, I have to wonder.

Nice books guys.

These Dell Giants were the joy of my youth. Mainly because you could pick them up for a song and get three-four times as much story as a standard book. I was buying them used (very used) for ten to twenty cents. In a similar vein the DC 100 pagers seemed a similar bargain. That was the good.

Now the bad, you can't move these things in lower grade to save your life with the possible exception of the Barks and Kelly books and maybe some Lulus. They are really plentiful because all the kids bought them and probably in the summer.

Back to the good, high grade books of these are really rare so if you can find any, grab them if they are priced well as they will continue to go up in value. I may have one of the nicest Peter Pan Treasure Chests around that I picked up for $20 at a NY Con in the 70's. It was supposed to be a file copy and sure looks like it. I had posted in the Duck thread ealier but here it is again.

82795.jpg.85fb5ed4a84691730b3081b3680616bf.jpg

I have a box full of these but I think I will scan those that are summer related first.

3742468483_f88439ab1c_o.jpg

Chilled carrots to munch. Sand on your paws. Who doesn't like the beach?

I particularly like the Tubby and the Martians stories that are in this issue.

3743262496_bd5664d8c5_o.jpg

Nice art on the Woody strip in the County Fair annual. I guess people who grew up in small towns can appreciate the fair which was a big event back in Monroe County.

3742474301_20ee939e16_o.jpg

3742471873_52cb18d0fd_o.jpg

3742468325_d847a67846_o.jpg

Nice Giant - Does yours have the schwin ad on the back or is it a story page?

Mine has the ad and I was hoping if yours has something else you might post a scan of it as well

Thanks

Bob

Bob,

my copy has the activity page -

85867.jpg.53c2bfc0b6d1a05dd268d7477a4d1691.jpg

A couple of copies that my son and I shared.

Dell Giant # 21

dellgiant21500.jpg

Tom and Jerry's Back to School # 1

tomandjerrybacktoschool1500.jpg

Tom and Jerry's Summer Fun #3

tomandjerrysummerfun3500.jpg

Tom and Jerry's Summer Fun #4

tomandjerrysummerfun4500.jpg

Tom and Jerry's Toy Fair #1

tomandjerrytoyfair1500.jpg