• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
23 23

4,930 posts in this topic

On 9/17/2024 at 4:39 PM, WernerVonDoom said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Ghost Town's picture frame set is the most amazing thing on the registry.

The Big Picture

Thanks! I appreciate the sentiment. I'm really proud of the set and all the time and effort I put into it. I was lucky to have a head start on the set with all the hero books before I even heard the term "Picture Frame." And that I'd been collecting long before CGC opened its doors. And before the books got really expensive.

I imagine there are some Golden Age sets in the registry that are more impressive and challenging to put together. But that Mississippi Mudcats guy obscures his sets!

Nearly 25 years into grading picture frame Marvels, there are still quite a few that do not have any 9.8 copies, as Barton can readily attest.  So it doesn't really detract from how extraordinary the collection is, with a large number of 'hen's teeth' copies for which there are only 1 or 2 top census examples.

On 9/18/2024 at 10:17 AM, Silver Surfer said:

Barton if you can ever complete a full 9.8 set this will be an epic collection for the ages. 

I think it might be possible (and expensive) to get all the hero books in 9.8. But so far, Hulk #158, Iron Man #44, and Marvel Premiere #5 don't have any 9.8s in the census.

A lot of the horror and Western books still have no 9.8s in the census, so those would be tough. Same with the romance books.

But with the humor books like Millie the Model and Li'l Kids, most of the highest graded books are 9.2 or 9.0.

All that said, I'd be happy to have them all in 9.4 or better. And that would be a real long shot.

Edited by Ghost Town

On 9/18/2024 at 3:07 PM, Ghost Town said:

I think it might be possible (and expensive) to get all the hero books in 9.8. But so far, Hulk #158, Iron Man #44, and Marvel Premiere #5 don't have any 9.8s in the census.

A lot of the horror and Western books still have no 9.8s in the census, so those would be tough. Same with the romance books.

But with the humor books like Millie the Model and Li'l Kids, most of the highest graded books are 9.2 or 9.0.

All that said, I'd be happy to have them all in 9.4 or better. And that would be a real long shot.

It's a privilege watching you go after the goal.