• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The RAREST and most VALUABLE signature to possibly get on a Y THE LAST MAN #1

135 posts in this topic

Both Yeager and Armstrong will sign if you catch them at an avaition or space convention.

Armstrong declines all requests now. A friend of mine's niece worked for him for about three years and she didn't manage to come away with more than one. He's very nice and still poses for pictures, but just refuses to sign.

Chuck Yeager will sign for a price. I can't recall if it's his wife or daughter that is so protective of him. I want to say he's in the $150-200 range when he does sign.

WTF!!! that madonna photo is freaking gross, i always thought she was ugly but god damn she is decaying!!!

and i dont think any celeb or sports figure is more important then watson, maybe more money cuz theres more insufficiently_thoughtful_persons in this world then people who know about history, more people know madonna then watson but i think watsons WAYYY more important then any celeb or sports figure.

also i would have neil armstrong sign that y the last man that would be cool.

:applause:

Very interesting and unusual sig!

I read his book 'The Double Helix' a while ago. He comes across as quite a casual student who got lucky in finding genius colleagues to work with! You could put that down to humility on his part of course. I do think it's a great shame though that Rosalind Franklin did not share the Nobel prize, due to her untimely death and the fact that Nobel prizes cannot be awarded posthumously. By all accounts - including Watson's - her contribution was crucial. Watson and Crick would simply not have been able to guess at and build their model without Rosalind's data.

To say Watson 'discovered' DNA is a convenient simplification. The existence of DNA was well known, and there were already those who theorised that it could be the genetic molecule. Watson and Crick made the leap of nailing down its molecular structure, which they were only able to do with Rosalind's expert crystallography.

I've got a photo somewhere that I took of their DNA model at London's Science Museum a couple of years ago. It's amazing to look at after reading the account of their fumbling attempts and then the stroke of genius that brought it all together.

I love science history :cloud9: