• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An EPIC Signature Series Book!

29 posts in this topic

Mutant Manatee "First time I've ever seen those two signatures together!"

Theres a 1st for everything, this is why its one of a kind. Are there even any 9.8s of this book just signed by Frank?

Theres only 1 other 9.8 and its not signed those WOW this is really 1 of a kind not only being the only epic 1 9.8 signed by FF its signed by Lee, i cant believe nobody ever got this book signed by FF, his original painting in person is amazing!

Here is a quick fun history of this book-

It was bought from a now forgotten ebay seller, the seller mailed two comics to us and we sent back one because it did not meet our expectations. Eventually the one we kept was deemed Frazetta worthy and placed in a shell.

Then it went for a ride with us to East Strousburg PA.

Then it posed for a picture with us and Mr. Frazetta

Then it rode back to Long Island

Then it accidentally got mailed to CGC with the rest of the Frazetta shipment.

Then thanks to some quick thinking and extreme kindness from my CGC Go To Gal- It was arranged that she can deliver the book back to me in Philly. Phew.

Then this epic flew with my super amazing CGC Go to Gal from Florida to Philly, while we drove down from NY and were re-united. Phew..........now I gotta get Stan Lee.

Then it rode back to Long Island again.

Then it went on a flight with me to LA, I introduced it to my friend CollectingStanLee and we all went on a lovely ride down Rodeo Dr. to his office.

Then it got to meet Stan Lee and pose for another picture. He was impressed even that Mr. Frazetta signed it and asked me if I was sure that I wanted him to sign this cover. So we picked the exact signing spot and went to town.

Then it flew back to NY from LA.

Then it got packed up and overnighted back to Florida again.

Then it got expressed and made it back to NYComics safe n sound.

Those were the Epic travels of this book! lol

(just to give people an actual idea of the time and travel involved)

289537113_o.jpg

:takeit::insane:

SWEET SWEET book, man... how the frak would you even price something like that?

figure 2000 for the expense of getting to the signings, 600 for the signings themselves + shipping, add in the fact that it is one of only 2 9.8s on the census, and the only one signed...

never mind...Icantaffordit.gif

right......

for the record I have kept All of the Frazetta's Chris and I have ever gotten signed.

and we will likely hold onto them for a while. :)

It is such a rush each time you actually get a good high grade old magazine, get a good sig on it, then lock it down.......at least for me. (comic book nerd alert!)

right......

for the record I have kept All of the Frazetta's Chris and I have ever gotten signed.

and we will likely hold onto them for a while. :)

It is such a rush each time you actually get a good high grade old magazine, get a good sig on it, then lock it down.......at least for me. (comic book nerd alert!)

I'm with you on that brother...not much better than that (thumbs u