• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An ethics question...

How much do you charge him for the book?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you charge him for the book?

61 posts in this topic

all good points I put down $20 Man it was chilly here dropped down to 41 degrees one night, 27_laughing.gif

Our high was 41 degrees today... but in two years since I moved here I have seen exactly zero cockroaches and zero fire ants... smile.gif

And just fyi... I answered $10... confused-smiley-013.gif

Why is this an ethics question? If he wants to pay you $20 and you know it goes for well over $20 anyway there is no delema. Now if he was willing to pay $20 for a book that is in every quarter bin across America....

Timely

Our high was 41 degrees today... but in two years since I moved here I have seen exactly zero cockroaches and zero fire ants... smile.gif

I have some friends in the southern states, and whenever I complain about snow, they tell me "at least your bugs don't have long enough to grow real big". 27_laughing.gif

Friend is pretty loose. If I regularly go drinking with the guy and am used to spilling my deepest+darkest in his company, $3, but if it's just some guy I know casually, $20. Would also be dependent on what I think he would do if the situation was reversed.

When I find it goes for $60, what do I care. I either did a friend a favour or made a 600% profit. I'll live.

Friend is pretty loose. If I regularly go drinking with the guy and am used to spilling my deepest+darkest in his company, $3, but if it's just some guy I know casually, $20. Would also be dependent on what I think he would do if the situation was reversed.

When I find it goes for $60, what do I care. I either did a friend a favour or made a 600% profit. I'll live.

Thank god you said "company".... I was about to have serious wiggins reading that... 893naughty-thumb.gif

all good points I put down $20 Man it was chilly here dropped down to 41 degrees one night, 27_laughing.gif

And just fyi... I answered $10... confused-smiley-013.gif

I checked 10 but really I wanted to check 20 since that is what he offered that was what I intially thought.Really your in this as a business House charge him 20.00

Davidking623

Thank god you said "company".... I was about to have serious wiggins reading that... 893naughty-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif

I checked 10 but really I wamted to check 20 since that is what he offered that was what I intially thought.Really your in this as a business House charge him 20.00

Davidking623

True... it is a business... but there are guys here I would count as friends (some that I haven't even met in person like Darth) where not all the deals are entirely business, so I probably wouldn't charge $20... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Now if we were talking wingman services in the strip club, that's a whole other ballgame... smile.gif

Does it surprise anyone else that the answers to the first poll are all over the map?????

The gist of the second poll appears to be "what's done is done"...

But the opinions in the first poll are really evenly split across the board...

Now that I read the entire thread I still would have given it to him for nothing.......like someone said,...it's a Karma thing....but If i saw that he turned around and sold it a week later, well then I guess I wouldn't consider him a friend anymore....

1. I sell it to him for $3. I'm not an [!@#%^&^], and my comic friends are looking for stuff for me all the time.

2. He sells it for $60? Good for him. What do I care.

Current temperature in Reston, Virginia (that would be in the CONFEDERACY), 16 degrees with a wind chill warning. Low temperature tonight 5-10. High tomorrow 22. Mrs. Donut is, as we speak, on a plane to Miami. [!@#%^&^].

1. I sell it to him for $3. I'm not an [!@#%^&^], and my comic friends are looking for stuff for me all the time.

2. He sells it for $60? Good for him. What do I care.

Current temperature in Reston, Virginia (that would be in the CONFEDERACY), 16 degrees with a wind chill warning. Low temperature tonight 5-10. High tomorrow 22. Mrs. Donut is, as we speak, on a plane to Miami. [!@#%^&^].

893whatthe.gif PARTY AT DONUT'S! BYOB

None of the above,....I would just give it to him and tell him to enjoy it....

PROVE IT!

:

Ask DAM,...I recently gave him a Batman #232 I found at an antique auction for $3.00...it was about a fine 6.0 copy...I knew he was looking for a reader copy to complete his Batman set so I sent it to him....It's called being a bud....

893whatthe.gif PARTY AT DONUT'S! BYOB

I would agree, except I didn't see him mention that the heirs to the Donut empire were also on the plane... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nope. Mrs. Donut is off for a three day no kid weekend in South Beach with her girlfriends. Mrs. Donut - Miami in January. Me - VEGAS in March.