• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An ethics question...

How much do you charge him for the book?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you charge him for the book?

61 posts in this topic

Maybe it's just me, but I don't really see it as an ethics question. The person said he would be HAPPY to pay $20 for it. HE has already set the price he is willing to pay. Why would it be unethical for you to get him to do what he's already said he WOULD do? He wants to pay $20 for it. He set the parameters. Besides, the $17 profit won't fill up some of our gas tanks (I drive a Sentra, so it will barely fill mine). If he gets screwed, it's his fault because HE set the price.

If he'd said, "Find me one and I'll pay you for it", you found one, and he asks, "How much do I owe you?" - THAT would be a situation where ethics come in.

But once you've sold it to him, what's done is done. If you get screwed, that's your fault. And we'll all be on both sides sooner or later, many times.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.