• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paypal Disputes

14 posts in this topic

Has anyone here as a seller ever had Paypal find in favor of you?

It seems as though they always side with the buyer no matter how ridiculous their claims may be...just like the ebay policy that seller's cannot leave negative feedback.

I know they are the same company but man, this is frustrating.

Paypal aren't finding in favour of me at the moment and I haven't even got a dispute going meh

LMAO

So do you think you should file a claim against yourself? :slapfight:

Be the first! ^^

Paypal aren't finding in favour of me at the moment and I haven't even got a dispute going meh

LMAO

So do you think you should file a claim against yourself? :slapfight:

Be the first! ^^

I'll give it a shot, at least I know I'll win even if I lose!

Not with the way PayPal is treating you lately. You may get back this message:

"We have determined you are both in the wrong, and will be keeping all funds. But we look forward to your future business."

"We have determined you are both in the wrong, and will be keeping all funds. But we look forward to your future business if you register your business."

Fixed that for ya (thumbs u

"We have determined you are both in the wrong, and will be keeping all funds. But we look forward to your future business if you register your business."

Fixed that for ya (thumbs u

lol

Sorry they are putting you through this, Gav.

Aaah bollocks to them. One way or the other it will get sorted as they don't want to lose the money.

Well at least I hope it does, I'd be righteously screwed if I lost my Paypal account :eek:

Has anyone here as a seller ever had Paypal find in favor of you?

It seems as though they always side with the buyer no matter how ridiculous their claims may be...just like the ebay policy that seller's cannot leave negative feedback.

I know they are the same company but man, this is frustrating.

Yep - I've had one paypal dispute as a seller, and won that one easily. Buyer claimed they never got the package - I provided proof of DC - and that was it. Didn't even get a chance to receive an ebay negative from the scammer buyer because their ebay account was NARU'ed shortly thereafter.

A win-win, I say!

speaking of paypal claims - I just had a gem of a seller. It was the classic send me the slab in a bubble mailer media mail after i paid $7 extra for boxed priority. Of course it arrived in pieces and the seller promised to pay the reholder fees plus shipping fees. I sent the book in and after a month of emails and excuses still no refund. I even get the book back from cgc and still more excuses. so i escalate the claim and then the seller disappears and stops communicating. I explained the entire situation to paypal - copied them on the emails and the cgc invoice. The resolution: to return the book for a refund.

speaking of paypal claims - I just had a gem of a seller. It was the classic send me the slab in a bubble mailer media mail after i paid $7 extra for boxed priority.

yes i know i hate it when this happens. so he pocketed your 7 dollars. if you call paypal they will refund you your money especially if the emails are documented. because of your mistreatment they have no choice but too.

speaking of paypal claims - I just had a gem of a seller. It was the classic send me the slab in a bubble mailer media mail after i paid $7 extra for boxed priority.

yes i know i hate it when this happens. so he pocketed your 7 dollars. if you call paypal they will refund you your money especially if the emails are documented. because of your mistreatment they have no choice but too.

really? even after the decision they made during the dispute? I sent them all of the emails(where he promised to pay the reholder fees plus shipping) and even a copy of the invoice from cgc. I included pictures of the bubble mailer and the thrashed slab. Then they tell me to send the book back to the seller for a refund! It's like they never even looked at the dispute information.

The mail the book back part is where the seller gets jobbed. While the money gets refunded, you are still out fees due to the seller's negligence for fraud.

My example was on a small book - I won a Booster Gold variant CGC cheap - about $15. The seller instead sent me a regular issue and relisted the variant. Obviously he had no intention of following through on providing the right book, since he relisted it before even mailing out mine. I offered to buy the one he sent me for $15 if he would just ship the other as promised - I also told him I would gladly return his book if he would send me the postage. Despite the seller intentionally sending the wrong book, I could not get a refund without paying to ship it back.

Small potatoes, but it is the principal of the thing, yada, yada.

(shipped it back media and got the refund including postage, so we both lose. genius.)

The mail the book back part is where the seller gets jobbed. While the money gets refunded, you are still out fees due to the seller's negligence for fraud.

My example was on a small book - I won a Booster Gold variant CGC cheap - about $15. The seller instead sent me a regular issue and relisted the variant. Obviously he had no intention of following through on providing the right book, since he relisted it before even mailing out mine. I offered to buy the one he sent me for $15 if he would just ship the other as promised - I also told him I would gladly return his book if he would send me the postage. Despite the seller intentionally sending the wrong book, I could not get a refund without paying to ship it back.

Small potatoes, but it is the principal of the thing, yada, yada.

(shipped it back media and got the refund including postage, so we both lose. genius.)

Except the seller doesn't really lose...

They have the opportunity to resell the item, at potentially a greater amount.

Now, granted, that probably won't work for modern onesies, but an overgraded Bronze or earlier could bring more for the seller. So yeah, they lose the original postage, but so what? If they sell something to you for $100, and then sell it to someone else for $150, they win. Of course, they continue to lie about the condition, and since most buyers don't care if a book is overgraded, there is no incentive for the seller to grade honestly.

Or, if you happened to get a below GPA price on a slabbed book, the same thing applies.

And what does the buyer have to show for it? A loss of the return postage, and empty hands.

The buyer, whose only mistake was bidding on the scummy seller's junk, pays, and the seller sees a payday.

What a disconnect.

So, if someone pulls this garbage, always, always, always leave negative feedback. Always. This will never change until it starts hurting these cheats.