• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGX COMICS

47 posts in this topic

Rumor about PGX was the owner and his pal were buying collections and back stock, slabbing, and reselling through shill accounts. There are 16 Swamp Thing issue 8 in the PGX census that are 9.8 or 9.6...

hm

But it is just a rumor and I have nothing to substantiate it, though PX has a distinguished history of "missing" restoration.

When I first got back into collecting and discovered third party grading, I did a comparison of CGC and PGX. I even spoke to PGX's owner at a convention and met his friend Ryan Elliott at the same convention - the same Ryan who told me it was easy to clean dirt off a comic with an art eraser.

Anyhow, I had been checking eBay numbers comparing the number of CGC auctions to PGX auctions. The owner of PGX told me, after I asked how many, that there were three or four thousand PGX auctions on eBay at any given time.

:roflmao:

From what I saw, PGX slabs didn't even come close to ten-percent of the CGC slabs being offered even when people starting incorporating CGC into the title of the auction. I generally like to support the little guy, but I have to trust the little guy in order to do that, and in this case I do not trust the little guy based on all my researcher.

Plus, everyone knows CGC is the gold standard and you'd be crazy to use anyone else if you want your books to retain value. Do some comparisons and you'll find that CGC books command multiples of what PGX books do on the market.

:signofftopic: I have a question, Should I submet my PGX 9.8 Judge Dredd books to CGC?

Knowing who you bought this from (and I do), just be prepared for any surprising results.

:sorry:

I'm certainly ready for anything, Hey you dont think anybody would try to trim ''Newer'' books just to get 9.8's do you?

Yes. Yes I do.

P1150668.jpg

I meant 80's & 90's books, but I get the point.

Current scam book is the buck rodgers giveaway.Watch as they are sold on ebay.Chances are they will return within a month in a pgx case.
Have a pic of what this ''give away'' looks like?

:signofftopic: I have a question, Should I submet my PGX 9.8 Judge Dredd books to CGC?

Knowing who you bought this from (and I do), just be prepared for any surprising results.

I'm certainly ready for anything, Hey you dont think anybody would try to trim ''Newer'' books just to get 9.8's do you?

Yes. Yes I do.

P1150668.jpg

wow! hopefully you got your money back. that's horrible!

Do any of you use these and what are they like?

I use PGX daily, and my appetite is much smaller than it used to be. I used to down 2 quarts of haggen daz with my girls during our sex in the city marathons, now I'm down to only one. Now my thighs are more blocks of cheddar than they are cottage cheese, but still not like that beeyotch Michelle who can eat whatever she wants, and only seems to gain weight in her boobs. Skinny, big-boobed beeyotch.

PGX%20%20DAILY.jpg

I'm sorry! ;___; My boobs just can't help themselves. =(

I often have to apologize for the behaviour of certain body parts of mine.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand they're off!

If it were that easy, I wouldn't have to spend so much time at the local walk-in clinic.

At least it's anonymous....

Not in Canada. I'm on a first name basis with the entire staff.

Well.

THEORETICALLY, it's anonymous. ;)

I suppose after dating them all, being on a first name basis is fairly unavoidable...

:whistle:

Yes. Yes I do.

P1150668.jpg

I wonder what it's like getting your top AND bottom trimmed....?

hm